• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100 / Antec 1200 external mounting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FoldingAddict

Intel Fanboy
Couple of questions regarding what the title says.

Have an Antec 1200 I rescued from a friend. Previously it had a Cooler Master LGA775 watercooling kit installed. RAD mounted behind the rear fans and tubes going through the pre cut holes on the back of the 1200.

But anyways the question: I would like to mount an H100 radiator on the top of the case. Does anyone have any experience with the h100 and external mounting? How is tube length and routing?

Second question: I would have to drill new holes on top of the case. I'd like it to have a nice fit and finish. What I'm seeing in my head is some kind of rubber piece to fit inside the new holes much like the factory holes on the rear of the case. Question is where do I find a simile rubber seal?

Tips and answers appreciated!

~FA

How are you going to route the tubes in the case from outside? Its a sealed kit (that you can unseal I suppose but..)

Why not inside on the back 2 120mm area. Should fit like a glove there.

I suppose that you could disconnect the hoses and connect them with the rad on the outside of the case although that might void the warranty and it may not work as well. I have seen some cases where people added a res to the system so I assume that the tubing may be a standard size.

http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1221291&mpage=1

The tubes that come with the system are probably too short to run it external so you might need new, longer ones; but if you can find them in the right size that should not be a problem. Adding length would probably put more strain on the pump though making the performance worse.

Yeah I remembered after I posted that it is a closed system and wouldn't take well to disassembly or longer tubes.

EarthDog: My concern with putting it there was that with 2 fans mounted on the rad and the 2 case exhaust fans, the rad might not clear the RAM on a P9X79 Deluxe. But I suppose if it is likely that it will, ill give that a try.

~FA

Back