• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100i not recognized

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peugot

so, i decided to test the H100i, and of course i ran into som problems... been dealing with bsod's after i installed it, but i was able to get those away by removing RSTe. but the H100i is still not recognized for more than 30-40 sec after i replugged the corsair link in the usb header. i even tried to do it on another disc with fresh windows 7. it did work for like 2 reboots and same happen'd there. i also tried to replug usb header and reinstalling corsair link but so far no good.... anyone know how to deal with this? i want it to work ! sometimes when i replug it it says its an unknown device.

Last edited:
I posted that so the members can see what you have tried and done to sort out this problem. Now i am no water cooler Guru, but maybe one will come along and help you, so good luck peugot. I hope you get it fixed soon AJ.

I posted that so the members can see what you have tried and done to sort out this problem. Now i am no water cooler Guru, but maybe one will come along and help you, so good luck peugot. I hope you get it fixed soon AJ.

thank you AJ, you are helpful as always!

I dont think Conundrum owns one, but perhaps worth a try. At this point, Corsair forums if they have them or email/call corsair tech support seems like the best route... better than just throwing darts at the dart board. :)

Just plug it in, wait for windows to do it's driver install. Then install corsair link, just make sure you download the one from the h100i product page on the corsair website. No need to
even reboot.

I have had my h100i installed on my test bench and many rig without issue.

Just follow my steps and you should be good. Also make sure you have USB drivers installed.

Just plug it in, wait for windows to do it's driver install. Then install corsair link, just make sure you download the one from the h100i product page on the corsair website. No need to
even reboot.

I have had my h100i installed on my test bench and many rig without issue.

Just follow my steps and you should be good. Also make sure you have USB drivers installed.

well that is what i did, but it just disappears again... =(

Contact Corsair RMA see if they have a fix for it if they don't, RMA it.

RMA is the last way out, want to try all other things before i do that for many reasons :/ i have sent a mail to support describing my problem very detailed. so hope they can help me wit either new softfare/firmware IF that may fix the problem. this is what i wrote them:

hello, i have some issues with the H100i... it's all connected correctly, but after some time, or if i restart my computer the H100i are not detected in corsair LINK software.. to do this so again i have to replug the corsair link cable to a different usb header several times, and it's only working sometime. i have tried different versions of corsair LINK software and different connectors but it soesent work. my device had firmware v1.0.4 when i got it from the store. also, it caused different bluescreens, but i have not benn working too hard to figure out, because it seems to stop after i removed intel RSTe. is there a fix for this, as i see many people having this problem but noone have a solution.. i have even tried to use another SSD with clean installed windows just to test, and same result was there so it's not some sort of program conflict...

NEW: i was talking to support and he wrote this:

Hello.Did you update to the latest USB drivers for your motherboard? If that doesn't work, uninstall the software, turn the machine off, change the USB header to another, and keep everything disconnected from the other headers. Then boot the machine back on and reinstall the software. Let me know if this helps

i can't find a way to update my usb 2.0, only usb 3.0... and thats another type of connectors so it won't help right?

NEW: i was talking to support and he wrote this:

Hello.Did you update to the latest USB drivers for your motherboard? If that doesn't work, uninstall the software, turn the machine off, change the USB header to another, and keep everything disconnected from the other headers. Then boot the machine back on and reinstall the software. Let me know if this helps

i can't find a way to update my usb 2.0, only usb 3.0... and thats another type of connectors so it won't help right?

do you have the latest chipset drivers installed?

here

do you have the latest chipset drivers installed?

here

here is the choices i have, which of these should i have and in what direction should i install? i think i have done this before but look at the size of them.. could a 4 mb driver replace thet 254 mb driver etc?

here is a pic of it, also the support doesent have any other solution exept RMA he said now =( that causes alot of stress with taking it out, deliver it, wait for a new one and mount it, and me being without pc until i get a new one =(

Attachments

• Uten navn.png
    Uten navn.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 3,869
Contact Corsair RMA see if they have a fix for it if they don't, RMA it.

here is a pic of it, also the support doesent have any other solution exept RMA he said now =( that causes alot of stress with taking it out, deliver it, wait for a new one and mount it, and me being without pc until i get a new one =(

Too bad they didn't have a fix for you.

also pick up a cheap air cooler in the mean time and run at stock.

Too bad they didn't have a fix for you.

also pick up a cheap air cooler in the mean time and run at stock.

yeap i have a few coolers(intel boxed, a zalman thing and a H60) but no TIM atm :p and to get that i must wait until wednesday.... but take a look at the chipset drivers and tell me what i should install of these, and how to know what i already have please?

Back