• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100i on HAF X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KuRuPtAnGeL

Registered
I've been researching this setup for a bit now and am curious if I'm thinking of going this route, would I be able to mount this WC without a problem? Also, would I have to get rid of the top two fans if I mount this in there?

What I was thinking of doing is mounting the fans user that radiator and have the two big top fans push in air. Would this be feasible?

I will be overclocking my phenom II when I put this machine together so if I don't go the water pooling route, what would be a solid recommendation?

Thanks doods!

The HAF X will support up to a 240mm rad in the top. You can move the top 200mm fans to the area between the case and the top panel. As for using them as intakes for the rad, that would be a choice you'd have to make. There are many schools of thought on having the top fans as intake or exhaust.

A CM Hyper 212 is another great option if you stick with air. It's praised as a top air cooling contender and even beats the single radded AIOs.

A CM Hyper 212 is another great option if you stick with air. It's praised as a top air cooling contender and even beats the single radded AIOs.
CM Hyper 212+/EVO are budget solutions. Good bang for the buck. It is not a top contender.

Does it beat single rad AIOs? Seems the same or worse...

CM Hyper 212+/EVO are budget solutions. Good bang for the buck. It is not a top contender.

Does it beat single rad AIOs? Seems the same or worse...

Its not a top rated air cooler? Really? You're kidding right? Same or worse I'd say with the dual rads.

The 212 and evo are budget coolers, yes. For example, they cant compete with nhd-14 which is in the ballpark of a 2x120 aio (on the losing end).

I've looked at air coolers but I've been thinking that for stability, I would stick with the H100i as I don't wish to build a custom system yet. I have a friend that has the CM 212 and it does a good job but he never overclocked.

Ultimately, if I kept the top two fans in the case and set up the radiator underneath them on the inside of the case with the fans on the underside of the radiator I should be fine? I will have the two top fans pull in air from the outside, go through the radiator and have the fans underneath the radiator suck out the air and push it into the case which will exit out the rear exhaust fan. Thoughts? I'm really aiming to keep the two huge fans that come with the case.

I've looked at air coolers but I've been thinking that for stability, I would stick with the H100i as I don't wish to build a custom system yet. I have a friend that has the CM 212 and it does a good job but he never overclocked.

Ultimately, if I kept the top two fans in the case and set up the radiator underneath them on the inside of the case with the fans on the underside of the radiator I should be fine? I will have the two top fans pull in air from the outside, go through the radiator and have the fans underneath the radiator suck out the air and push it into the case which will exit out the rear exhaust fan. Thoughts? I'm really aiming to keep the two huge fans that come with the case.

You could do that but is there a filter up top? If there isn't I would do it the other way and have your side and front as intakes and exhaust through the top.

You could do that but is there a filter up top? If there isn't I would do it the other way and have your side and front as intakes and exhaust through the top.

See that's the other option... The only thing I'm worried about there is that warm air will get sucked into the radiator. Wouldn't you think?

In other words:

I'll rotate the top two fans that come with the case to pull out air as exhaust from the case. I'll mount the radiator underneath these fans in the bracket so they pull air through it and I'll mount the fans that come with the H100i underneath the radiator so they push air into it from the case. This is the push/pull configuration, yes?

In other words:

I'll rotate the top two fans that come with the case to pull out air as exhaust from the case. I'll mount the radiator underneath these fans in the bracket so they pull air through it and I'll mount the fans that come with the H100i underneath the radiator so they push air into it from the case. This is the push/pull configuration, yes?

Yes. Inside case up top: Fan+Rad+Fan = push and pull. One fan is pushing for the radiator and the other is pulling.

The Demciflex filters are great. Worth the cost. I have a set on my HAF X and they cut the dust by a good 80%.
As for using the top fans as intakes that's a choice only you can deside. As was stated earlier, generally you use the front, side and bottom as intakes and the top and rear as exhaust.

Back