• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H100i vibrating/rattling noise coming from pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iSamoStefan

Registered
It does just that, it vibrates if I rest my finger on it. If i tap on it it goes completely silent (perfect, how it should be). Every startup the noise comes back - once it is "tapped" away it stays away - unless of course my system does a full reboot. I really love the product but I wish the noise would go away and stay away.

Asus vi hero motherboard, i7 4770k, Windows 8.1

I also rerouted the cables and bypassed the y cable by plugging radiator fans into CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT. This helped control fan speed but irritating noise still present until I tap it away.

Sounds like air in the pump and your system. If you could gently tap to get rid of it. Or try to incorporate a small res into the system with a Fillport to top up the water.

AJ.

I also thought the issue to be air bubbles. I happen to like bubbles very much, but these ones really suck to say the least. How would I approach topping the radiator up with water? These come sealed for a reason do they not?

The only problem i see is if you do decide to put a small Res in the system. That could affect the warranty of the unit but maybe the other members. Could also give you a few tips on getting rid of the air bubbles your All in one unit.

It is a common problem with aios. Either there is an issue with the pump, or there is air in the lines.

Last edited:
It seems that after flipping my case on all four sides over a few days that it may have actually been air bubbles, it started just now after not being used yesterday flawlessly. I'll stay posted with its performance.

Personally, I would RMA the unit. It shouldn't make noises like that.

Back