• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H50 vs Hyper 212+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fortunesfool

Hello,

I currently have the Hyper 212+ installed on one of my rig's and it made a huge difference.

I recently built a new rig with the FX-6300 and I decided to get the H50 (cause im cheap and didnt want to spend extra $ for H100 cause I dont plan to overclock too high).

So my question is has anyone done tests to directly compare these two coolers? Iv read that the H50 is only as good as a top end air cooler..

Both are going to be set up with push/pull 2 fan's. So am I going to be ripping the Hyper 212 out of my old rig and putting it in the new one, or is it worth it to go ahead and install my H50?

I went from hyper 212 to an H50, it's just about the same in performance. I disliked the Hyper 212 cuz of the ridges that make contact with the CPU. Cleaning and reseating it was a huge chore.

The H50 is OLDD tech. Poor perfomer and bad bad return rate. Was the first AIO that was mass marketed to the uninformed. And perfoms worse than top air coolers.

You should take the time to read reviews here and other places. Become informed.

Junk.

AIO's like Corsair H40/H50/H60/H70/H80 don't really beat top air coolers and only the H100 outperforms some top air coolers. Where aio's really shine is the overall aesthetics and abillity to populate all of your ram slots. Some air coolers prevent you from using ram slots due to the height clearance on certain ram modules (tall heatsinks). With air coolers you also have to take into consideration the airflow of your case and how that might hinder the coolers ability to cool the cpu. I like aio's like Corsair H series because it gives my rig a cleaner look, performs well, and I can use it to exhaust/intake air in my case.

I guess it boils down to what case do you have and what are your future plans for overclocking?

I wouldn't bother with an H50 its not an upgrade from your current HS/F. The hyper 212 might be a budget cooler but its a good one. What you need to consider is the total amount of heat dissipation area. The 212+ uses a 120mm fan and is thick. The H50 radiator uses a 120mm fan and is not to thick so it probably wont outperform your HS/F and thats without doing a side by side comparison. Now the H80/H80I uses a 120mm fan and is quite thick so your actually gaining some surface area and it works well. Really though stay away from sealed unit liquid coolers unless your going after a dual fan option.

Yea I was gonna put 2 fans on the H50 then I just decided to throw the 212+ in and take it for a spin. It's working pretty good so far, I have it sucking air in from the front case fans, then blowing air out threw the back exhaust fan..u can definitely feel the wind tunnel this thing creates inside the case lol and you can feel the warm air being blown out the back exhaust! Im looking to get between 4.5ghz-5.0ghz out of my 6300 which should be doable with the Hyper 212 ya? Im using a HAF 932 CM case.

H50 >>>>>>> hyper212...End of story! I dropped my temp's nearly in half (no exaggeration) when I switched from the hyer212 to the H50! Didn't think it was gonna make a difference at all I thought I was wasting my time switching it out, but I figured id run tests anyway. I have screen shots to prove if anyone want's to confirm this.

PS: You could just ask ssjwizard :D he helped me the whole way!

depends on your mount to the CPU, I had both coolers and on average temps turned out to be similar trying multiple mounts with both coolers.

Back