• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

H8QG7-LN4F Quad socket AMD SuperMicro MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Good new, I found what I wanted from other sellers so it's back on!! MB was about $400 more but in my price range. CPU's about same as what I was paying.

I don't remember who's pic this is but shows a SuperMicro 4P server MB in a CoolerMaster HAF 932 case, my 4P's look a lot like this.

This brings back fun (and some not so fun lol) memories of another forum I was on in the early-mid '00s, it was only for multi-cpu or server only setups, hardware and talk. Can't remember the name of it though for the life of me. It had a white & green theme I think? Maybe they aren't even around anymore...

The 4P builds got me into server hardware in general, as a friend had built a sick Opteron setup with one and used it for home lab stuff and LAN party events for game and file hosting. And then the rackmount stuff started..... lol

This brings back fun (and some not so fun lol) memories of another forum I was on in the early-mid '00s, it was only for multi-cpu or server only setups, hardware and talk. Can't remember the name of it though for the life of me. It had a white & green theme I think? Maybe they aren't even around anymore...

The 4P builds got me into server hardware in general, as a friend had built a sick Opteron setup with one and used it for home lab stuff and LAN party events for game and file hosting. And then the rackmount stuff started..... lol
Rackmount stuff, I feel that 😂😂😂😂

Never built multi CPU rig. Started folding with AMD Athlons, then Intel Core 2 Duo. And eventually GPUs. Current active hosts are Intel LGA 1155, most with e3-1265L on Asus P8Z77V motherboards with 32GB DDR3, PCIE Gen3, x16/2x8, all Linux. The older GPUs (space heaters) are on same or older, LGA1366 or LGA775, with 16GB or 8GB ram. During the last folding race, re-activated host F41, Asus P5QPro, Q9450, PCIE Gen2, x16/2x8, with pair of 650Ti from host F54, which all folded in last Chimp Challenge. Most of my GPU from that time period are no longer supported by FAH. Currently, FAH cores no longer support Fermi GPU and only support OpenCl on the Keppler GPUs.. CUDA is still supported on the Maxwell GPU. Attached are some HFM screenshot from the old CC. Was still able to fold on F01 (Athlon XP2100) at that time, but no longer supported by FAH.
HFM - HayesK-T32-CC2013, 50 clients, 762Kppd, 04-20-2013, part-1.JPG HFM - HayesK-T32-CC2013, 50 clients, 762Kppd, 04-20-2013, part-2.JPG

Back