• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half Life 2 Antec 1200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kirkman

Registered
Hey, I have been loking into this for a while, and i want to paint my antec 1200, the plastics on the outside all orange but leave the grills black, replace all the fans with just orange non led fans, paint both sides orange and still have the window, a hl2 logo that ill stencil and paint, on the side and a little one by the window, but my big problem, is what do i do inside, what should i do for light? i would be geting rid of the red, and green, and blue cathodes i have for something a l ittle more half lifish, any ideas on what to do to the inside?? thanks

I think flashing LED's that look like lights flickering in the game would look amazing...

White, orange, yellow?

Not sure, I'd have to see the painted case to really get a feel for it.

lol, what should i do to prep it, i hear the best to do is wash it and just paint

for the logo?, im going to leave the 2 sides black, and paint the inside and the plastic orange with orange leds, yellow cathodes and orange fans, does that sound good?

A half life 2 symbol so it is neat like this:
pchangout-albums-desktop-cases-picture28-well-done-half-life-2-case-mod.jpg

Cant wait to see it, it will look HAWT :) :drool:

mmm...use some Xigmatek Ornage LED fans for sure. they're not over the top like most Blue LED fans...so it'll be nice and subtle.

also, what paint are you going to use? gloss...matt...?

idk yet, fans wont be for a bit, little short on cash thats where im stumped, and i dont know what to paint, the inside orange and the plastic trim and the whole top orange and leave the sides black??? what would you suggest i paint?

Last edited:
That would be so distracting, If somebody had ADHD and was playing HL2 and saw the lights flickering, well, lol. :screwy: :drool:
I don't quite understand what ADD has to do with that. I am ADD btw ;)

flashing lights (for me) equals constantly looking over and glancing at them, while getting shot at, which equals -1 life :)

Another example is an animated .GIF avatar, its hard to read the thread with that going on.

ok, what parts should i paint? these are some pictures of how far i am, right now, i got the window cut out and i have some plexiglass for it just waiting for some u-channel.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, i have it painted, ill have to post pics but usually they dont work, the paint was krylon pumpkin orange plastic paint, i put a little tiny bit on the case and it ran off like mad, the wateriest paint in a can i have ever seen, it left big marks and i did the best job i could do, took my time, the stencil turned out to look like crap, if you look at it from 3 feet away its good but up close it looks like garbage

Back