• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half-Life 2: Episode One

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2aftermath/news.html?sid=6144151

To sum it up, Valve renames HL2: Aftermath to "HL2: Episode One"

Valve Software reveals that the Aftermath expansion pack will now be the first in a series of episodic content.

Valve Software has revealed to GameSpot that Aftermath, the upcoming expansion pack to the award-winning 2004 shooter Half-Life 2, has been renamed "Half-Life 2: Episode One." When asked whether the name change is indicative of a change in direction for the Half-Life 2 franchise, Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi replied, "episodic." When asked the follow-up question of whether the new name meant that beginning of a regular flow of content, Lombardi replied, "yes."

This change in focus may not be surprising to fans of Valve who are familiar with the company's online delivery service, Steam. The company recently announced that it was partnering with developer Ritual Entertainment to produce SiN Episodes, , a series of episodic games on a regular basis that would be distributed online via the Steam service. GameSpot will have more updates on Half-Life 2: Episode One as they become available.

DDR-PIII said:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halflife2aftermath/news.html?sid=6144151

To sum it up, Valve renames HL2: Aftermath to "HL2: Episode One"

Valve Software reveals that the Aftermath expansion pack will now be the first in a series of episodic content.

Valve Software has revealed to GameSpot that Aftermath, the upcoming expansion pack to the award-winning 2004 shooter Half-Life 2, has been renamed "Half-Life 2: Episode One." When asked whether the name change is indicative of a change in direction for the Half-Life 2 franchise, Valve marketing director Doug Lombardi replied, "episodic." When asked the follow-up question of whether the new name meant that beginning of a regular flow of content, Lombardi replied, "yes."

This change in focus may not be surprising to fans of Valve who are familiar with the company's online delivery service, Steam. The company recently announced that it was partnering with developer Ritual Entertainment to produce SiN Episodes, , a series of episodic games on a regular basis that would be distributed online via the Steam service. GameSpot will have more updates on Half-Life 2: Episode One as they become available.

Cool

this would be great.
There is so much they brought to this game and so many more questions new sombies new head crabs all this.

Hey it's just a money making scheme, instead of having to make another X many chapters and finish off the story, they just release one at a time and charge $20 a piece! Besides, I thought George Lucas would have licensed everything named Episode One years ago.

fuzzba11 said:
Hey it's just a money making scheme, instead of having to make another X many chapters and finish off the story, they just release one at a time and charge $20 a piece! Besides, I thought George Lucas would have licensed everything named Episode One years ago.
you mean Episode I

Yes, can't wait. HL2 is still my favorite FPS. Right now, i'm playing through it for the 2nd time even though it's only been a few weeks since I finished it the first time.

Wiggles said:
Yes, can't wait. HL2 is still my favorite FPS. Right now, i'm playing through it for the 2nd time even though it's only been a few weeks since I finished it the first time.

I have played it 5 times each time I try to find new thing and all ways do.

I cant wait too for the next one to long between HL1 and HL2.

Bah if they are going to be releasing it in little chunks they can forget about seeing my dollar.I'm not getting milked for an exspansion pack.

Last I heard it was gonna be 10 or so bucks an episode.

But the best part, is get the first part, if you dont like it, you didnt blow 50 on a new game. Just a fraction of it.

Sounds pretty good, personally I didn't like the ending to HL2 so I'm kind of curious what they're going to do with this expansion.

Zerolus said:
Sounds pretty good, personally I didn't like the ending to HL2 so I'm kind of curious what they're going to do with this expansion.

me too, the ycan go pretty mcu hanywhere with it :p they owned us haha :p

DDR-PIII said:
me too, the ycan go pretty mcu hanywhere with it :p they owned us haha :p

That's the only thing I hated about the game was the ending, but If you think back on the gameplay itself, it's much more rewarding. Though I do want to find out what happened to Alyx.

eventually they will probbably pack the episodes together into little trilligoies and sell 3 episodes at once which would be a little cheaper...

I love the idea. They will make more money and we will get a much deeper, more detailed story this way.

I'd like to see game stories be more like books or movie series. FPS gameplay is pretty stale compared to other genres so focusing more on great story lines should help a lot.

OC Noob said:
I love the idea. They will make more money and we will get a much deeper, more detailed story this way.

I'd like to see game stories be more like books or movie series. FPS gameplay is pretty stale compared to other genres so focusing more on great story lines should help a lot.

I agree

This would be great if it has the resons why things happin who is the G-man were is he from so on.

shard said:
Last I heard it was gonna be 10 or so bucks an episode.

But the best part, is get the first part, if you dont like it, you didnt blow 50 on a new game. Just a fraction of it.
i totally agree. especially since a lot of games today only last a few hours and still charge you 50 smackeroos up front!

Back