• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Hammer Cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bogie

I have these cpu AMD PHENOM II X6 1045T THUBAN 2.7GHZ AM3 CPU but when i use crysal cpu says in an engeering same, i have 3 of them what does that mean. i have tryed looking them up, but i canfind anything about them,ty

Did the easy thing and g00gled your situation. Found some owners reporting this: "Initially reported as Engineering Sample but the reporting software appeared to be the culprit."

Good luck.

I had the same issue with cpu-z at one time, updated cpu-z and it would read correctly.

With a base multiplier of only 13.5 and not unlocked upward it would take 260FSB/HT Ref Freq just to reach 3.5Ghz.

I believe it may have potential to clock well with the right board and settings. True, would take 260FSB to reach 3.5 but with some tweaking such as running a RAM divider, tuning the CPU-NB and some other tweaks you may have a good one on your hands. No way to really know except by trying it if you can. Like all hex core chips, heat will probrably be an issue but yours according to CPU-Z has a lower wattage draw and that helps.

Alrighty ty all for ur help, i have 3 of them all on gigabyte boards, i will give it a try, since has gotten much cooler here, heat wont be a problem, under load running seti the temps range from 30c to 35c. on all 3 of them.

I believe it may have potential to clock well with the right board and settings. True, would take 260FSB to reach 3.5 but with some tweaking such as running a RAM divider, tuning the CPU-NB and some other tweaks you may have a good one on your hands. No way to really know except by trying it if you can. Like all hex core chips, heat will probrably be an issue but yours according to CPU-Z has a lower wattage draw and that helps.

Yeah heat isn't a problem on the Thuban chips. They run much cooler than their denab's, despite higher clock speeds and TDP. My Thuban X6 1700T runs at 4.0ghz, idles at 95*F and under 100% load, no more than 135*F. That's with a hyper 212, basic air cooling.

You've got the right idea. Sure he's limited to FSB overclock but there are plenty of other aspects he can work with to achieve better performance. I would start with a more realistic approach, such as a 237MHZ FSB speed. This will give you 3.2Ghz across all course. Of course the good Doctor who posted above has offered other suggestions you should follow, such as tuning the CPU-NB multi (typically with a thuban you can get up to 3000MHZ stable). This has a direct impact on memory performance as well as level 3 cache speed and latency. Its almost as important as overclocking the CPU itself. Then work with your memory divider. If you have 1600MHZ ram, choose the proper divider in the BIOS to get as close as possible and set all your XMP timings properly using AUTO tends to leave some of the timings a little on the high side. Keep your HT link multi between 2000-2200mhz for ideal performance. No gains to be had from overclocking it.

Your CPU core voltage is good to 1.55v, although I doubt you will get anywhere near that. For CPU NB voltage, anywhere in the 1.3-1.4v range is safe and required for 2800-3000mhz speeds.

ty all very much for ur help, some great info, and something to keep me busy during the winter and ty storm-chaser, i will make sure to keep u all informed how i am doing.

Yeah heat isn't a problem on the Thuban chips. They run much cooler than their denab's, despite higher clock speeds and TDP. My Thuban X6 1700T runs at 4.0ghz, idles at 95*F and under 100% load, no more than 135*F. That's with a hyper 212, basic air cooling.

Wish I could say that about my 1100T - Even on water it runs hot regardless of keeping voltages to the minimum to reach 4.0+ BUT at the same time if I can keep it cool, runs extremely well in MHz.

Wish I could say that about my 1100T - Even on water it runs hot regardless of keeping voltages to the minimum to reach 4.0+ BUT at the same time if I can keep it cool, runs extremely well in MHz.

whats your core voltage @ 4.0GHZ? My other thuban X6 hit 4.2ghz at 1.475v and idled around 90*F, that was in a micro atx (tiny) case and a low profile 120mm cooler for CM.

My 1100 hits 4.0 easily with as little as 1.38v's used and it's stable that way. The thing about this one is it seems to scale like mad compared to what you'd think. As for it's overclockability, it's just as good as any out there but my problem is keeping it cool - Could be it's one of the high leakage/hot running CPU's that would need LN2 to really max it out. Running it with DICE certainly helps but even with that I don't recall it ever reaching 5.0, the max it's ever ran being a little over 4.9 with all six cores going.
http://hwbot.org/submission/2355326_bones_cpu_frequency_phenom_ii_x6_1100t_be_4957.49_mhz

I've had this CPU for sometime now and I love it, it's just a monster to keep cool overall.

My 1100 hits 4.0 easily with as little as 1.38v's used and it's stable that way. The thing about this one is it seems to scale like mad compared to what you'd think. As for it's overclockability, it's just as good as any out there but my problem is keeping it cool - Could be it's one of the high leakage/hot running CPU's that would need LN2 to really max it out. Running it with DICE certainly helps but even with that I don't recall it ever reaching 5.0, the max it's ever ran being a little over 4.9 with all six cores going.
http://hwbot.org/submission/2355326_bones_cpu_frequency_phenom_ii_x6_1100t_be_4957.49_mhz

I've had this CPU for sometime now and I love it, it's just a monster to keep cool overall.

Sure, its going to be a bear to keep cool with those clock speeds, in fact its not out of line with other Thubans given your voltage and clock speed and cooling type. I guess the best way to illustrate what I'm talking about is try the same thing you just did with your 1100T, with a Denab based X4. I bet your temps would probably be lower on the X6, but its just a guess.

Back