• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hang problem with amd motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

karname

Hi
I assembled below system :
CPU : 1100t Black
Main : gigabyte 990fxa-ud5 (with latest beta bios that I upgraded)
ram : corsair 2000 ddr3 (downgraded to 1066)
ssd: ocz vertex3 240gb
power : Green 1000w gold
cooler : water zalman
When system is on , I see motherboard heat sink is very hot (I can't touch it more than few seconds with my fingers ) . and system after some hours start to hang ! when I restart , after some minutes again hang and ...

I replaced cpu , ram , ssd with hdd , power , but problem didn't solved !
even I replaced my mother board by asrock 880gm with first config (first cpu and ram ...) , but asrock main board heat sink is same hot !
I confused why this happening .
I can't detect source of problem !
I paid a lot for having a good and stable system , but it utilize as a pentium system for me because it waste my time for recovering data and program after restart !
Please help me to detect source of problem and solve it
Warm Regards

Last edited:
power : Green 1000w gold = WHAT is a green 1Kw that is gold? Who makes it? Model?

cooler : water zalman = That is like saying car : Honda and we still don't know much about your car. Not enough to help anyway.

Pictures can speak volumes describing what is going on.

Using screen capture software capture the CPU-z image at the CPU button; the Memory button and the
SPD button. The buttons are across the top of the CPU-z window. The Mainboard button can also be used and will show the bios version in case one wanted to check the motherboard bios being up to date.
NOTE: I never capture the whole monitor but only the CPU-z window at each button so that the dang image is not so...so ginormous.

This is link to HWmonitor and as shown on the screen; you would also check the cpu plus (+) so that the core temps of the cpu would be shown. With an AMD cpu we certainly need to see the core temps at least the later AMD cpus.

Download site for Prime95 with some "how to's" included. Prime 95 can be used to stress a system and with HWMonitor opened a temp log will be kept to see if temps get out of hand during or at the time of a failure of P95, if such does occur because of an unstable configuration.

Okay I have not been looking for a screen capture tool but wish many would use some with window capture instead of the whole screen. This proggie comes highly recommended. 4 Capture Modes: Window, Region, Scrolling and Full Screen. I normally use Window or Region so the whole dang screen is not captured and makes the image so dang large. I save capture to .jpg so files are smaller in general.

NOTE: Win7 also has the inbuilt "snipping" tool that can capture just a specific window of the screen so that the entire desktop is not captured.

NOTE 2: Please attach captures to the forum itself so we do not have to travel on a link to some outside site. Thanks man.

Here is what the 3 CPUz tab captures and the capture of HWMonitor could and should look like for neatness and ease of viewing for those that might wish to help with overclocking etc.

attachment.php

Back