• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480 water volume

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mokrunka

I'm trying to figure out the water capacity of my new rads, and can't find it listed anywhere (hardware labs won't respond to my emails).

They are the Black Ice Nemesis GTX 480s. Anyone have any idea how much water they hold?

Do you need to know exactly or are you just trying to order coolant? I can tell you my loop with GTX360, CPU and GPU blocks and a radikult custom panel radiator (probably holds 100-200mL but again guessing) was under 600mL. The part that holds most of the fluid are the tanks on the end, so the size difference won't make a huge difference. If I had to guess I'd say about 250mL, but that's just a guess. In other words, I don't see your loop using more than 1L of coolant unless its crazy.

Yeah, I can totally use a measuring cup. I was just trying to order coolant, and maybe get the actual spec from HWL. There's a thread over on overclock.net tracking capacities of a bunch of rads, but there isn't one for mine yet. It's going to be a few days before I can get started cleaning them and getting ready to fill, so I was going to order coolant in the meantime.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Do you need to know exactly or are you just trying to order coolant? I can tell you my loop with GTX360, CPU and GPU blocks and a radikult custom panel radiator (probably holds 100-200mL but again guessing) was under 600mL. The part that holds most of the fluid are the tanks on the end, so the size difference won't make a huge difference. If I had to guess I'd say about 250mL, but that's just a guess. In other words, I don't see your loop using more than 1L of coolant unless its crazy.

Awesome. Thanks for the info, that helps a lot. I just went ahead and ordered 2L of the EK stuff to be safe. I've got 2 blocks to hit, and 2 of the bigger (480) rads, so it'll probably come in around 1L I'm guessing.

Well I could look at that two ways. 1) I was only off by a few Oz. 2) I was off by 30% lol

The plot thickens - the mfg replied to my email (finally), and stated the capacity as 510 mL. I'm going to try again and see if there's any air bubbles I missed.

Thats solid info. Definitely useful to know when doing your initial fill.

And just to close the... umm... loop here. All told, 2X Rads, EKWB Velocity RGB, and GTX 1080Ti EKWB, plus tubing, all holds 1.250L of water. Just topped it off one last time after getting all the bubbles out.

Back