• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hardware Monitor or Core Temp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pat is Mad

Registered
Which one do you guys use?It seems Core Temp is giving me a 30 degree difference from Hardware Monitor.Hm says 31 and CT says 64.My rig is in my signature

I use Core Temp because it reads directly from the sensors inside the processor and it is developed by our very own member, The Coolest. Are the temperatures you are seeing under load? If so, I would not believe the 31c that HM is reporting - that is slightly above room temperature.

I've used both and both reports the same temperature. I prefer HM better as I like the layout, user interface and display better. Both should be giving you the same temp, I'd investigate why it is not. There's only a few sensors that all temp monitoring software pull from. So the fact that both are not telling you the same temp is troubling.

are you running both at the same time? run one at a time because they tend to conflict with each other when multiples are running.

Right now core temp says I'm idling at 73 but it only shoes one cpu.No cores at alll

Core Temp shows in celsius.And yes it is AMD.Coretemp also only sees it ans AMD BE.I will post some screenies when I get home from work

Here are the screens

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,010
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,034
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,028
I just sent a PM to The Coolest to take a look at this thread. Since Core Temp is his program, maybe he can help you out to figure why the big difference in reported temps.

mudd

Did you add an offset in Core Temp?
Options --> Adjust offsets, it looks like you've added a 15C offset in Core Temp and left it that way. This is most likely why you see a higher reading.

Has the OP read the latest at the Coretemp or CPU Forums about the BD issues?

It seems everything I am doing has an issue with my cpu hahaha.Slowly working through it though.First AMD build so it's kinda like learning all over again

I use CoreTemp, tell it to add 20C to whatever it thinks the temps are otherwise it says my temps are WAY below ambient

Has the OP read the latest at the Coretemp or CPU Forums about the BD issues?

There are BD issues? News to me.... What are they?

Back