• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Haswell 4770k Suddenly Running Hotter

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
H100 is not junk lmao

I had a venomous X with 2 fans on it and it's basically within a few few degrees of the best air coolers and AIO and my H100 beats it by a few degrees on medium setting. Never had a mount issue either on 3 boards...

I have reapplied thermal paste and have noticed a great difference in temperatures. They are still not as low as I was hoping for, but definitely better than before! I used the pea method this time as well! Temps are hitting a max of 88C while overclocked at 4.2GHz @ 1.2volts. I still feel this is fairly high and I am currently unsure if I am stable!

On my current overclock settings I am still hitting 90C, as before I would only hit a max of 81C. I redid the thermal paste for a second time around and noticed that the right side of the CPU hadn't had nearly as much as the left, so I applied a touch more!

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a vary hot Haswell. How did it do on the second application?

It never has been this hot though, yet one of the two Corsair H100i tubes feels cold in comparison to the other. I am pretty disappointed with the whole Haswell thing so far. And I had used the pea method!

My computer glitched out on me and wouldn't boot to the BIOS. I had to clear the CMOS to resolve the issue. Currently at the stock clock I am hitting 72C with my 4770k. A fair amount too hot in my opinion.

Last edited:
One tube from the rad should be cool the one going to the rad should be warm. Well it sounds like something is wrong with H100i or your haswell went bad. I'm betting on the cooler.

Do you have a stock cooler you can test at stock speeds and volts to compair?

One tube from the rad should be cool the one going to the rad should be warm.
That is not true. The temperature within a loop doesnt vary by more than 1-2C. You should not feel a difference in the temperature of the tubing. I had a dual rad AIO and never did I notice a temperature difference with the tubing.

Last edited:
Ok then I guess there is something wrong with the flow of water in his Corsair H100i and it is heating up one tube.

That is not true. The temperature within a loop doesnt vary by more than 1-2C. You should not feel a difference in the temperature of the tubing. I had a dual rad AIO and never did I notice a temperature difference with the tubing.

I can feel that one tube is colder than the other, is this an issue with my H100i?

These AIO have really cheap pump and so is the water flow.... This mean that one tube could eventually be a little hotter than the other one VS a real waterloop with a GOOD PUMP. The flow is minimal so the water have time to get hoter in the bloc and get colder in the rad. It's not as even as in a real WC setup, or with a H220.

But if one tube is really hotter, not just a tad hotter, there could be something wrong.

These AIO have really cheap pump and so is the water flow.... This mean that one tube could eventually be a little hotter than the other one VS a real waterloop with a GOOD PUMP. The flow is minimal so the water have time to get hoter in the bloc and get colder in the rad. It's not as even as in a real WC setup, or with a H220.

But if one tube is really hotter, not just a tad hotter, there could be something wrong.

The tubes aren't hot whatsoever, one tube is just pretty chilled compared to the other! CorsairLink2 is reporting the pump as spinning at normal speed though!

I've heard some people having issue with corsair link software ...

Side note ... this is how these pump flow look like.

Let us know how it works out.

For sure! Thanks for all the help everyone! :)

Just curious if any of you know, it seems on the RMA label I have to stick to the package, it says "Place Postage Here". Does this mean I have to ship via. Canada Post mail or can I ship it through UPS instead? Roughly how long will it take before I get another H100i on my hands?!

I know that was slightly off topic, my apologies!

For sure! Thanks for all the help everyone! :)

Just curious if any of you know, it seems on the RMA label I have to stick to the package, it says "Place Postage Here". Does this mean I have to ship via. Canada Post mail or can I ship it through UPS instead? Roughly how long will it take before I get another H100i on my hands?!

I know that was slightly off topic, my apologies!

UPS is fine, as long as it gets there.

3-4 weeks max I think.

I have just removed my Corsair H100i and am running at about 33-35C idle with my stock CPU fan at stock speeds. Does this sound about right?

Stock cooler at stock speeds, I seem to even hit into the 90C range again!

I have just removed my Corsair H100i and am running at about 33-35C idle with my stock CPU fan at stock speeds. Does this sound about right?

Stock cooler at stock speeds, I seem to even hit into the 90C range again!

What load program were you running? Well it looks like it is a Hot Haswell. Are all your push pins in tight? can you move the intel cooler with your hands? Did you use the TIM That came with the heat sink.

72C at stock was the H100i, looks like it was working well.

If the cooler is on correctly and the temp is 90c you will need a better cooler if you want lower temps with that CPU.

I have not seen a stock Haswell in the forms with a stock cooler exept for you.

Back