• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have you ever thought what a fan would do to your finger?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JethroJay

Well wait no more, here is where YOU find out the risk of ramming your finger in a fan! (this was only at 50% and the fan is pretty blunt)

Yeah it was pretty cool, pretty dumb, fan still lives, lol!

10502063_256171257917754_7176333897644336552_n_zps9e470c56.jpg
10514711_256171234584423_10840764092796687_n_zps7157b49c.jpg

P.S My graphics fan is A LOT sharper than this one that done this and it's ALWAYS at 100% so it's a hell of a lot quicker than this fan too....

Ouch ! Those things can happen when you're poking around in the dark.

:eek: What kind of fan was it? I'm pretty sure my NIDEC Beta V would take a finger completely off in the right circumstances.

:eek: What kind of fan was it? I'm pretty sure my NIDEC Beta V would take a finger completely off in the right circumstances.

Yeah I don't wanna stop it to find out thanks, lol, when I turn the computer off I'll find out, I know it's got FX wrote on it though...

Ouch ! Those things can happen when you're poking around in the dark.

It wasn't dark, the fan kept scrapping off the case, so I moved it and tighten screws up (which was pretty shot already) so when I turned computer back on everything span up, about 20 seconds later I watched it move away from the case except this time the fan fell of and hit my little finger and that was the result of it, it only scrapped the top of it and that happened, I'm pretty sure it would of sliced my finger in half if it had the chance......

I'm not really sure I follow how you tightened it up then it fell off?

I haven't seen fan cuts for couple of years. Almost all new fans have 1k rpm or less so it's hard to hurt yourself.

Been there done that. Just the other day in fact. And I'm on the medication "warfarin" so I bled like a stuck pig for a while. It's those sharp corners on the blade that get ya.

well
finger-1.jpg
188111450_bcfe1201ab.jpg

Miley-Cyrus-Cut-Fingers.jpg

Sliced-Hand-Trauma.jpg

Now that last one is nasty, hard to tell if that's actually real or not but.....

Happened to me some years ago, high speed panaflo, wasn't paying attention when I reached inside my case to fix a cable that was in the way...

I once over volted a delta until the RPMs reached 16,000+ and one of the blades shattered and embedded itself about an inch and a half into my thigh.

Needlenose+Bounty+Duct Tape and I continued on with my "testing"...but it hurt the next day, lol.

Good times....good times...

Back