• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have you ever thought what a fan would do to your finger?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice finger!! At least it was the little one. I've seen the entire finger nail ripped off a guy. Now that was cool.

Happens so fast it doesn't even hurt right away lol

Suddenly, I have a strange craving for steak.... I can almost smell it....

/pyscho

Damnit rollie, Im pretty iron in the stomach department, but man that was rough haha.

you should see the aftermath when two tribes settle some scores using iklwa & machetes..

Lol nice. I've gotten pretty close to getting my finger a few times trying to move my cpu cooler fan wires out of the way.

some afterthoughts on the hand in the spoiler... once everything is stitched up and starts healing... imagine the scabs you can pick....

My nail hasn't even grown back yet, doctor said it might never grow back due to how it was but I don't care either way, who needs nails when you got screw drivers and stuff to scratch stuff with? LOL

I actually just nicked my finger on a 120mm fan (Cooler Master Sickle Flow Blue LED) a few days ago. Took some skin off one of my knuckles, and thankfully it didn't bleed much. Was trying to feel around the motherboard for a heat source, unfortunately got a little too close to the intake fan on my heatsink. At least it seems to be healing up okay.

Now the ones where I manage to catch the fan blade under my finger nail really hurt, and bleed like mad. Done that two or three times, and don't care to repeat it.

Wish I hadn't looked at the spoiler, glad I've got an empty stomach though. Weird that I should come upon this right before I'm getting ready to go get some dinner.

Yeah I'm getting bloody from all angles, car, computer, cat, kitten, screw drivers, cables, oven, blah blah, always something to make me bleed each day, lol, yesterday I got a small screw driver stuck under my nail, I was cleaning under my nails and the cat came and smacked my arm making me push the screw driver under my nail, lol

I actually just nicked my finger on a 120mm fan (Cooler Master Sickle Flow Blue LED) a few days ago. Took some skin off one of my knuckles, and thankfully it didn't bleed much. Was trying to feel around the motherboard for a heat source, unfortunately got a little too close to the intake fan on my heatsink. At least it seems to be healing up okay.

I'll bet that Cooler Master fan doesn't even spin at more than 2500 RPM. 5000 RPM or more are where you really get to see the blood fly.

Yeah I'm getting bloody from all angles, car, computer, cat, kitten, screw drivers, cables, oven, blah blah, always something to make me bleed each day, lol, yesterday I got a small screw driver stuck under my nail, I was cleaning under my nails and the cat came and smacked my arm making me push the screw driver under my nail, lol

And you blamed the cat.

I'll bet that Cooler Master fan doesn't even spin at more than 2500 RPM. 5000 RPM or more are where you really get to see the blood fly.

1850-2100RPM usually. Push fans spin slower, pull fans faster.

Which is why I have fan guards on all of my high RPM fans. Delta EFB1212SHE, Delta EFB0912HHE, Vantec Tornado. Think I got nicked by the Vantec Tornado once, didn't feel good. Those high-RPM fans just scare me without a fan guard/fan grill.

1850-2100RPM usually. Push fans spin slower, pull fans faster.

Which is why I have fan guards on all of my high RPM fans. Delta EFB1212SHE, Delta EFB0912HHE, Vantec Tornado. Think I got nicked by the Vantec Tornado once, didn't feel good. Those high-RPM fans just scare me without a fan guard/fan grill.

I remember my 92mm x 38mm Vantec Tornado, everyone at the LAN parties I used to go to would notice when I shut my system down. I once
had it as an intake fan connected to a 120mm to 92mm adapter (so I could attach a bigger filter to it), the sucking noise it made sounded like water going down the drain and would attract my friend's cat. Then there's the time it sliced my finger (I still have the scar). Then there's the ear splitting noise. I still have my Vantec Tornado and I'm glad I don't use it anymore.

I can only imagine what using a Delta 8K RPM monster fan would be like.

Back