• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hdd cooler/fan controller?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kamui

Registered
Right off the bat i'll apologize to anyone who thinks this is in the wrong section. It's got a multisection thing going on...

Anyway...I've been looking at Thermaltake's line of Hardcanos. Most specificly the Hardcano 12 that's due to be released soon. I'm trying to figure out if this thing is also a HDD cooler as well as a fan controller. I've been reading reviews of it and no one mentions anything about putting a drive in it. I understand the previous generations of Hardcanos were HDD cooler and then the fan controller function was integrated in. Based on the pictures it appears to have mounts for a hard drive on it.

Whether it has the HDD cooling function or not i'm thinking of looking into getting one. It'd jsut be nice to know exactly what i'm getting myself into. Suprises suck when it comes to installing new toys.

Well i'll be putting three 120gig sata drives in the system when i get the cash to order everything. I'm going to raid two of them, and keep the third as permanent data storage....basicly keep the OS and things that are important (school projects and papers and the like). I doubt that'll need any real cooling anyway. Since the box i'm getting already has a blow hole on it, the hardcano wouldnt really need to be any form of active cooling. The other two i'm putting in vantec vortex coolers. I'll being starting a lot of video work soon, and while encoding and rendoring i dont want the drives to get too warm.

Back