• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

heat sink for silent operation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Uk correct rn . Maplin does have terrrible selection . i will try pc world see how they fair
special tech ive not seen or heard of them but see if there is branch near and check those other shops out too. I see if they in city near me

specialtech 's in Wales... you know.. no cellphone reception, lotsa sheep and such :)
ebuyer is in/near Hull.. so they are close enough "upnorf" to probably be wearing white T-shirts all year round and all be called Kevin, but not far enough upnorth to have webbed feet though :)

wwlaes is far away from me. i asked pc world today there is company called clc see if i can get the larger fan .

i can put a cable tie as the heatsink fan is small.I will post a pic as not sure how i am going to attach the fan. One of the member of the forum mentioned a larger fan . I see if i can order this size and try this method first.

You could zip tie a 92mm fan on. All 92 mmm fans quite or is there a specific model. i have attached the heat sink. How can i attach the larger fan is it just above the heat sink. Actualy on the heatsink Ive neve r cable tie a fan to a heatsink. Sorry it may seem a daft question to more expereinced user

Attachments

• attach.jpg
    attach.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 25
this heatsink/fan combo is just .. not common. You could probably put a 80mm "screamer" on that heatsink.. assuming there are 4 bolts/screws and they are equidistance.

Are there 4 bolts and what is the distance between the left upper & left lower bolt?
what is the distance between the bottom left & bottom right bolt? (should be the same as above)

We can derive the maximum fansize for that heatsink from that... but i doubt we can find a silent fan for that.

Yea that's a crazy HSF. Your best option is to get a low db 92mm fan and use double sided tape to hold it in place. Not ideal I know, but it works very well.

yes concerned that may not hold a fan double sided tape. Not a common heat sink size im guessing that why i was unable to replace the fan...

can't remember if i asked this before...
the Case, what brand is it? Does it have a solid sidepanel? Or a Window? Does it have a fan grille in the sidepanel?
... we could get creative with 120mm on the sidepanel, and a Pringles tube :)

Back