• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HeatKiller Rev.3 stripped screws.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The allen head / hex head screws are very small. The screw diameter is only 3mm. If the screws had been 4mm I might have being able to get them out with the Ezyout above in the picture. It was the smallest one I could find. I had no choice but to drill off the countersunk heads of each screw carefully and then remove the bottom plate of the waterlbock. Once that was done, I could carefully drill out the remainder of each screw from the main part of the waterblock. Once I had six clean holes I drilled them all the way through the waterblock so I could put a longer bolt all the way through and put a nut and washer on the top of the block. I had to flatten the top of the waterblock somewhat as where the holes emerged was right where the top of the waterblock was chamfered on the four corner holes. Withe slow careful drilling in my big drill press I could do it without ruining the waterblock. I have reinstalled the waterblock into my computer now so I don't have any photo's of it sorry.

Back