• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help a newbie overclocker :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
What is your CPUNB voltage running? I see the HT Link frequency is at 2400 so I assume the NB frequency is the same? Touch those two blue chipset heatsinks around the CPU socket while under full load. Are they too hot to keep your finger on without real pain?

Well not quite i assume there are a little bit hotter than my skin, it feels like warm water, nowhere near pain on my finger :)

Edit: P.S. Tell me what do you think where should i put vents? I was thinking of 2 or 3 of these guys http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=4375

Last edited:
The first fan I would install would be on the backside of the Coolermaster heatsink for a push/pull effect. Then I would put a couple of small 50mm fans on the two blue heatsinks around the CPU socket.

The first fan I would install would be on the backside of the Coolermaster heatsink for a push/pull effect. Then I would put a couple of small 50mm fans on the two blue heatsinks around the CPU socket.

Ok, i'll try doing that. What about stability, i ran prime again, and "application stopped working" appeared after around 5 minutes. Should i change anything?

I would increase your CPUNB voltage to 1.225 if you increased the frequency to 2600 mhz.

Didnt help :( i tried bumping vcore and CPUNB voltage, and nothing, the furthest i went with prime was 15 min...

Seems to me you have tried everything and I'm out of ideas. Back the multiplier up by .5x and run a long Prime95 test (at least 2 hrs.) to confirm that is a stable setting. You seem to have gotten a 1090T CPU that just won't overclock quite as high as they typically will. Or it could be the motherboard is holding you back, though it seems like a pretty decent board. Temps don't look to be the limiting factor either with the processor cores or the motherboard. I would add some extra fans, however to the case as you say in your Sig it only has one rear 120mm exhaust fan. Put one in the front to push and one in the top to help move more air. Or if you already have more fans than your Sig indicates, update your Sig.

Indeed, well i'll have to settle at 3,9Ghz at CPU, as it seems, Do you think I could get some more performance or FPS in games, by clocking NB HT or trying to adjust RAM timings?
No, still only 1 rear exhaust 120mm, been running prime for 4 hours, no problems, highest achieved temp was 49, and it seems to be around 47 now, at 1.512 Vcore, I think my temps seem quite good for the voltage, and considering I only have 1 exhaust fan :)

Here it is, CPU and Memory tab, this is stabile :)

Attachments

• CPU.PNG
    CPU.PNG
    19.4 KB · Views: 29
  • memory.PNG
    memory.PNG
    47.6 KB · Views: 28
Try looser timings on the sticks. May help. If not than you've hit your max on that CPU with your cooling system.

It didn't seem to help :( I even tryed bumping voltage a lot, I had 1.55Vcore and still couldnt pass 2 minutes on prime, and my temps were below 55...

Back