• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help an old goat build his custom pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
let me get this right your spending $70 on a CPU and over $600 on the rest including $234 on graphics card? mmmm like buying a Ferrari chassis and throwing in a 125cc scooter engine. Your drive is also killing you 1 Tb used to be £40 currently some asking £100 plus (sorry Im in the UK) so I would screw that and get a small one till they come down in price again after xmas as there taking the xxxxx. 250Gb is plenty for a main root drive add storage (second drive) afterwards when there half the price or find someone selling at old prices, there are a few about Im sure. I think Graphics card is overkill for the rest of the machine and CPU just my opinion and the HDD are way too expensive at the moment cos they will come down in a months time after xmas

Thanks for the share. Can you suggest a computer in which one part won't overkill the others and be a waste of money. Sorry I'm new so I need some spoon feeding D:....

Sounds like more of an A8 situation to me than this dual core 560 thing. That seems very very off to me. Maybe 955BE and a 6870 kinda thing...

Thanks for the share. Can you suggest a computer in which one part won't overkill the others and be a waste of money. Sorry I'm new so I need some spoon feeding D:....

Never apologize for needing more information here.
:D:D

I be came a 'pseudo HW expurt' if you will via 4 years of spoon feeding. The fortified stuff. They still put up with me. Now I can give back a little. Software still evades me like a rabbit to a blind man...

lYour drive is also killing you 1 Tb used to be £40 currently some asking £100 plus (sorry Im in the UK) so I would screw that and get a small one till they come down in price again after xmas as there taking the xxxxx.

Current trends (and rumours) indicate the HDD price hike will last another 18 months.

Current trends (and rumours) indicate the HDD price hike will last another 18 months.

SO they say... :rain:
An SSD price hike as a cash in, in response, is also starting a little bit... and rumored to continue. We're looking at a year and change of storage sadness for those who need to buy any. Allegedly, of course.

thankfully I have 3 1tb drives just before the hike maybe when samsung get going again they will be a lot more reliable? we can hope

thankfully I have 3 1tb drives just before the hike maybe when samsung get going again they will be a lot more reliable? we can hope

Samsung F3 Spinpoint was reliable before the natural catastrophe which caused this price catastrophe. I imagine similar or identical mfg processes will be in place for production resumption once it is possible?

We have lost 2 1Tb F3s thankfully I duplicate all the data under DFS so had an replica synchronised copy !! I certainly would not trust them and started to buy Hitachi ones cos the Samsung ones died with no hope of easy data restore unless the drives were physically repaired using parts from a good one - not just bad sector errors but actually died completely - NOT GOOD !!

Back