• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! AYHJA 1333 w/ A7V133 installtion problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Henry Rollins II

Yo all,

recieved the last and most important part of my system two days ago: a brand new AYHJA 1333. I was offered an 1400, but the extra $60 seemed like a waste.

System specs:

[unorder=circle]
[#]Asus A7V133 rev. 1.05
[#]AMD Athlon 1333@1333 AYHJA
[#]NCP 256 Mb PC133 cas2(running in cas3)
[#]Inno3D GeForce2 MX400 64 Mb
[#]SB 128
[#]2 x Samsung Spinpoint V11+ 30.6 Gb(RAID 0)
[#]Netgear FA310TX
[#]Actima 52x
[#]Case Aopen HQ08 w/ Aopen FSB-300 power supply.
[#]Cooling: Papst 0.9 W intake fan, 2x Papst 0.6 W exhaust, Alpha FC-PAL35U(modified) w/ Y.S.tech 1.44 W, ThermalTake memory + VGA heatsinks, Original fans VGA-CPU + chipset + power suplly. 7 fans in total.
[/unorder]

PROBLEM is: Hangs during installation!. Cpu temp is about 54 degrees Celcius(idle or little load), case temp about 30 degrees. Default voltage: 1,7 volt and 10x133. I could propably lower the case temperatur if I changed to runded cables, draft is propably somewhat reduced due to cable jam.

I´ve used only the Windows drivers, no extra multimedia players etc. Always hangs in installation, ends up with that I can´t even boot(hangs while loading Windows). Sometimes I manage to almost get a full install, but not without 3-5 hangups and fail-safe mode recovery.

It´s like this: I install the drivers for some unit(not the same every time), upon restart it will not boot. I delete the drivers during fail-safe mode, and install them again. After doing this a few times, it ends up booting in windows, locks up and there is a continous high-frequenzy beep from the speakers.

I´ve re-formatted the harddrives at least five times and increased the CPU core voltage, but it still ends up the same.

What is wrong?!?!?

regards,
Henry.

There's a chance it could be temps - 54C is very high idle, as it'll probably be approaching 60C when you get to windows (if you get that far). My bro's tbird 700 locks up at 58C, regardless of what it's clocked to or what voltage - it just can't handle temps higher than that. Could be yours is the same - just as an experiment you could try running it at a gig or something, and drop the voltage right down to cool it off. I know it sounds crazy given that you've just bought a 1.33gig, but I'm not sure a 6035 is enough to handle these high-powered AMD cpus. I'd be much more comfortable with the swiftech MC-462, Millenium Glaciator or watercooling on one, though I know that's probably not an option. If you can cool it down by underclocking and it works, proving temps are the problem, you'll know to look at better cooling. If it still doesn't work, look elsewhere.

Now it wont even boot up at 10x133 1.75v. Hangs during windows start-up.

Tried 9.5x100 1.6v. Boots, but freezes after about 10 seconds.

tried 8x100 1.65v. Hangs during windows start-up.

Last cheched CPU temp 46 degrees celcius.
Vcore: 1.64v
+3.3V: 3.46v
+5V: 4.97v
+12V: 11.97v
-12V: -11.93v
-5V: -4.98v

If feels like something else.....doesn´t it? I don´t know.

regards,
Henry.

could be a bad chip. If you know somebody that has a socket A chip than throw it in there and see what it does. I sure hope those L1's were already connected when you got it though, otherwise your not getting another.

My system is a v133 with 1.2G so I'm a little familiar with what you have. First, that is high C for idle, Mine idles at 43C and I think that is too high. Are you sure its seated on the processor correctly? Did you use paste?
I have noticed that after running my temp is 51-55C with Mother board monitor 5 (my board reads 9-10C high using the Asus monitor), that if I shut down I cannot boot back up right away. I have to wait for the CPU to cool down. About 15 minutes.
How did you measure your temps?
Also when I first started up, I was in jumperless mode and it only recognized the chip as an 900. After I called AtoZcomp they said the board would not recognize the chip and that I should use the jumpers. Worked just fine then, but HOT it is. I think others have had better luck with jumpers also.
BTW my case is open. If I close it overheats within 1/2 hour.

Umm....I took out the sound an networking card, and now it boots.Currently running at 10.5x135=1417 Mhz seemless without any problem. (1,75 v)
I did a quick test to start at 11x145=1595 [email protected]. Booted but hung up. It seems like it might have some potential after all! 8D
Now I´m just gonna figure out wich one of the Networking card(Netgear FA310TX) and the soundcard(Soundblaster 128) that isn´t really compatible.

Ran 3DMark2000 - 1350 (doesn´t tell ,e anything though)

regards,
Henry.

Greybeard49 (Jun 16, 2001 10:36 a.m.):
Also when I first started up, I was in jumperless mode and it only recognized the chip as an 900. After I called AtoZcomp they said the board would not recognize the chip and that I should use the jumpers. Worked just fine then, but HOT it is.

No offense but AtoZcomp only gave you one answer...and in my opinion the worse choice.

All you needed to do toget the mb to 1.2g was to go to the Bios and under the 'Advanced' menu set the 'Operating Frequency Setting ' to [User Define] and set your 'CPU Frequency' to [133 MHz] and you are at 1.2 (9x133).

The jumpered mode works but lacks the ability to fine tune FSB and Multiplier settings.

Henry Rollins II (Jun 16, 2001 10:45 a.m.):
Umm....I took out the sound an networking card, and now it boots.Currently running at 10.5x135=1417 Mhz seemless without any problem. (1,75 v)
I did a quick test to start at 11x145=1595 [email protected]. Booted but hung up. It seems like it might have some potential after all! 8D
Now I´m just gonna figure out wich one of the Networking card(Netgear FA310TX) and the soundcard(Soundblaster 128) that isn´t really compatible.

Ran 3DMark2000 - 1350 (doesn´t tell ,e anything though)

regards,
Henry.

Networking cards are notorious for not liking too fast of a PCI Speed.
135fsb=135/4 (33.75MHz) PCI speed
145fsb=145/4 (36.25Mhz) PCI speed

?? Lowered to standard(10x133) at 1.75 volts. 3DMark2000 points raised from 1351 to 4943. System is a lot more stable now though.

regards,
Henry.

Regardless of if it is stable now with the other things out of your syste or not. The temps are way to HIGH. If you don't get those down you will nuke ur chip. Get a goot Heatsink and fan. Look at the June 15 article on overclockers.com and there is a list of AMD cooling. One of those will work. You shouldn't have any other problems other than that. You should also look at the botton of your chip. If it looks discolored or like an oil residue was on it, then ur chip is fried.

OK!

This is what I did:

In the original setup I used the AGP slot and PCI slots 4 and 5. I figured out that would be the best. It turns out that no matter if I put the soundcard or the network card in PCI slot 5, the computer gets so unstable I cannot be used at all.

No slots have their own IRQ, so I put the soundcard in PCI slot 1(shares IRQ with the AGP slot) and the networking card in PCI slot 3(shares IRQ with the AMR slot, but I aint using that).

Stability is now OK(haven´t tried it out fully yet), but CPU temperature is still a bit high(55+ degrees celcius).

regards,
Henry.

Back