• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8350 problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No. Tried up to 1.26V on NB, but it wouldn't post at all at 1600. Just now had memtest86 do a reboot in the middle of address testing with 1.171V NB and 1.6V on RAM at 1333...

It's the CPU_NB voltage that I'm referring to, the NB is different. The CPU_NB is basically the IMC circuit in the CPU. And with the extra ram will need a boost.

Here's what I have (and I now know the pain of taking and editing and uploading screenshots using a phone...):

IMG_20130911_1319211093839819.jpg

IMG_20130911_132034-2055233547.jpg

Yaaa I don't see what I'm looking for. I don't even see CPU voltage listed.

Good good give it a shot and don't be afraid to just set it to 1.25

Reset everything to auto except CPU NB is at 1.25. It goes with the 1333 SPD settings, and posts, but memtest86 crashes. 5RC1 flashes the plus and runs the timer, but doesn't show any test progress. 4.2 reboots right after it loads.

RAM voltage at 1.65 and looser timing, memtest86 is at least running now...

can you install a flashdrive in a usb 2.0 port and tap the f12 key while in the bios and save a shot of the bios on that board?

pettey, the symptoms of the problem sound similar to the issues I was having. You may want to try re flashing the BIOS.

I had some issues with one of my boards that wound up being that the bios would set the memory up wrong, it took a lot of reading and comparing other peoples bios screenshots for me to find it.

Strange. Noticed before that in memory settings, SPD showed in reverse order (1333 in SPD1, 800 in SPD3). After re-flashing from USB, the "auto" memory speed selected DDR3-800... System still hangs with RAM set to 1333.

It sounds greatly like you need to verify that each stick of ram is good while in another computer. You are just going around in a circle it seems. Verifying in another computer should remove the ram as an issue unless that board with an FX cpu in it just hates the ram you have.

I also would be testing the ram with only 1 stick at a time in the primary memory slot and there is one according to the manual most of the time.
RGone...

Back