• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! FPS DROPS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And i looked up the safe temps. For my CPU the max safe temp is 99 degrees celsius so I'm good on temps.

I check the safe temps for my CPU, and for mine the max safe temp is 99 degrees celsius so im good on GPU and CPU temps

Good I'm just trying to eliminate some things. You still may want to try a different driver

I have tried the beta drivers as well. no change. Should i just use the crappy outdated gpu driver from dell?

Are you running windows 8. If so try uninstalling afterburner.I had alot of issues when I was using it with win8. I'm using Nvidia inspector ATM

One other thing you could try is disabling the turbo boost on the i7 chip. It may help keep the cpu temp below 90°. I still think it may be getting warm. Should be easy to see if it makes a difference

So this is how I fixed it thanks to everyone for replying especially Johan45:
I reflashed my bios back to the Dell A11. Uninstalled the Nvidia drivers. PhysX would not uninstall for some reason so i had to really work at getting rid of it. I removed the physx files manually, then i rebooted into safe mode and used driver sweeper to wipe all nvidia stuff except nvidia chipset. rebooted into normal mode. PhysX was still there, so i booted back into safe mode and ran CCleaner to get rid of PhysX in the programs list and removed the error registries from PhysX. I also tried deleting the entries manually through regedit. After all this i rebooted into normal and same thing PhysX was still installed somehow. I downloaded the new nvidia drivers and let them extract to C:/NVIDIA. DO NO INSTALL. Navigate to C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\314.22\Win8_WinVista_Win7_64\International\PhysX and click on the PhysX_9.12.1031_SystemSoftware.exe. Use this installer to actually uninstall the PhysX software. Now that PhysX is uninstalled I downloaded http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.12.0613-driver.html . Install the NVIDIA drivers from earlier 314.22, and check the Clean install, then uncheck PhysX. Let it reboot and finish install and reboot again. NOW, run the independant PhysX 0613 driver install. Let it install. After go to C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Engine and copy all of the files in that folder to a safe place such as your desktop. Then uninstall physx and install the new one 1031, after go to that same folder and copy those files back into the same place. This will give you legacy support. I then reflashed my BIOS to the modded A11 bios from slv7 (google it).

I also disabled i7 turbo boost which seemed to help as well.

Back