• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help! gigabyte z77 ds3h

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

grimreaper1989

Ok my bro messed with my pc and took all my componenets out. and i put it all back together after yelling at him. but my ? is this.

my pc turns on for about 40 sec to a min then reboots with no video display(no bios displays either before it reboots) fan and hdd and lights all power on (everything powers on like it is turning on then it reboots) i didnt have new thermal paste so i put the cooler back on with what was already on it i aligned it up exactly like is was before. i tested and know it isnt the psu. so is my motherboard shorted or is it my cpu (i5 3570k powering down pc to prevent overheating)
!any help is appreciated!
!!Thanks in advance!!

also note my power button is hooked up to mother board but gpu is connected directly to powersuply and in pcie 3.0 x16 slot. when i hit power button the fan spins on the gpu so i know the gpu is working.

Last edited:
The fan spinning on the gpu means nothing as far as the gpu working or not. But if you didnt have new thermal paste to put on the cpu heatsink that would be what id try first to fix the problem.

Back