• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!!!Guys About Overclocker 1100T CrossHair v Formula

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtxjim

Registered
HELP!!!Guys About Overclocker 1100T CrossHair v Formula...
Dude,im using Asus Crosshair v Formula and 1100T(3.3)i want be 4.0

1)Asus Crosshair v formula
2)Phenmon ii x6 1100T(3.3)
3)Corsair H100 Cooler System
4)cooler master power supply gold series 80 plus
5)DDR3 Corsair vengeance 16GB(4x4)
6)Asus HD 7970

Anyone can teach me how to overclock to 4.0??
im new about overclock,last time i set myself max 3.6 can i make it to 4.0?:shrug:

IZZIT ON MY SETTING??

Last edited:
First, get ready to help us help you. Please download and install these three "helper" programs that are standard tools around here: CPU-z, HWMonitor and Prime95.

Second, your system info is incomplete. What is the wattage rating of your PSU and the frequency rating of your ram? What is the make and model number of your case? Please add that info and then take all the system info and create a "Sig" so that it travels with every post you make. To create a Sig, go to Quick Links at the top of the page and click on it, then choose Edit Signature. It may take up to one hour after your second post to have access to this feature.

The wattage rating of the PSU should be on a label on the side of the PSU, like 500W or 650W or 750W. It's not in your bios. Coolermaster makes a whole series of 80 plus bronze PSUs. Which one do you have? What is it's overall power output? That's what I'm asking.

The wattage rating of the PSU should be on a label on the side of the PSU, like 500W or 650W or 750W. It's not in your bios. Coolermaster makes a whole series of 80 plus bronze PSUs. Which one do you have? What is it's overall power output? That's what I'm asking.

My CoolerMaster is W800,can make it to 4.0?

800 watts should be adequate to power the system. Thank you for the additional info.

Now, what about your case make and model? Please add that to the Sig.

By the way, I note that you have Windows 7 32-bit OS. Did you realize that with a 32-bit OS you will only be able to use less than 4gb of that ram? If I were you I'd upgrade to the 64-bit version of Windows as soon as possible. In the meantime, I would take out two sticks of your ram because 16gb of ram will tax the memory controller more and limit your overclock.

Hey guys new to the forum, im new at the overclocking game so wanted to know if you guys can help. my set up is as follows:

Asus crosshair V formula
Amd phenom ii 1100t (3.3)
Psu coolermaster 1000w
gskill ripjaws 16g
Coolermaster 212 cpu cooler
coolermaster Haf 912 case

now my question is how can i get higher speeds in my processor somewhere around 4.0 ghz. Do i have to get water cooling any help would be appreciated.

@ "Gambit25", there is plenty of reason to start your own thread if you need special attention. IF you are any good at the overclocking game you could just 'follow-along' with this thread since it should go toward 4.0Ghz your stated goal. But if you need more attention, then I suggest starting your own thread and being ahead of the game by going ahead and downloading and getting in place for use, the items already stated in this thread. The procedure does not change from AMD user to user.

Welcome and good luck to you.

800 watts should be adequate to power the system. Thank you for the additional info.

Now, what about your case make and model? Please add that to the Sig.

By the way, I note that you have Windows 7 32-bit OS. Did you realize that with a 32-bit OS you will only be able to use less than 4gb of that ram? If I were you I'd upgrade to the 64-bit version of Windows as soon as possible. In the meantime, I would take out two sticks of your ram because 16gb of ram will tax the memory controller more and limit your overclock.

Should take out for 2 ram??i just using a normal case

win 7 (32bit) can only use slightly less than 4 gigs...so yes take 2 sticks out..
win 7 (64bit) will use all of your ram...

Yes, take out 2 of the four sticks of ram. Then please post back with screenshots attached of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD".

To attach a screen shot, first crop and save the images to disc using Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories. Then click on Go Advanced at the bottom of any new post window. When the Advanced post window appears, click on the little paperclip tool at the top which will open the file browser/upload tool. The rest will be obvious.

Yes, take out 2 of the four sticks of ram. Then please post back with screenshots attached of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD".

To attach a screen shot, first crop and save the images to disc using Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories. Then click on Go Advanced at the bottom of any new post window. When the Advanced post window appears, click on the little paperclip tool at the top which will open the file browser/upload tool. The rest will be obvious.

if i win7 64Bit,still want to take out 2ram?

IF you move to Win 7 64bit the O/S should see an be able to utilize the 16gigs of ram. Will the cpu with IMC run the 16gigs good at 4.0Ghz? No one knows for sure. Might be fine.

I would take leave all but two sticks of ram in for now until you see if you can reach your overclocking goal and then add in the others and see if it will affect the overclock. 8 gb of ram is more than enough unless you are doing a lot of Photoshop or CAD.

Back