• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help h80 vs noctua d14

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I just bought an H80 and i am not impressed with it at all. I have dobble checked a few times now that its on properaly as my 2600k is running 40c in idle and goes up as high as 70c under load. I have not even really done anything amazing on the OC, just running 4.4Ghz. I just orded some more 200mm case fans so hope that fixes my heating problems.

But so far the H80 is no where near as good as i though it was going to be...

oh man sorry to hear that , i just order the new corsair h100 be here in two days so i gues will see how it performs.... ill keep u guys posted about the results,
here is a web site that did a review in the h100 already .

http://hardocp.com/article/2011/07/26/corsair_h100_extreme_perf_liquid_cpu_cooler_review

i think that the h100 will out performe my cooler master v8 . what u guys think

@ Duner, i got both the fans pulling air from the outside into the case. I just installed an H70 last week on a mates pc so have read all the instructions ;) I was running Prime95 last night and with a cpu voltage at 1.25 the temp was stable at 68/69C.

@ Bmwbaxter, it does have a vibration to it but i have read that sometimes due to air in the system the H-series coolers sometimes to not circulate the coolant properaly. I am guessing that could be my problem. I will try some experments this weekend to check out this theory.

So i just got the corsair h100 and i love this thing i drop my temps 12c compare to my cooler master v8. so far worth every penny. now i want to oc to 5.0ghz
here is a pic install
picture.php

Looks to be around $120-125, Conumdrum. So that might make it pretty competitive with a "starter" water kit like the 240 rasa maybe. Hopefully Corsair will send on our way, since I could test this against a setup with a MCR220 rad to see how it would compare.

I really like the look of the H100, just looks very professional inside a case. The Noctua coolers may be quiet and good, but they come with ugly *** stock fans >.< They look like they came straight from 1970 :/ I would much prefer to have a nice tidy H100 over a huge fugly D14, even if I was getting hotter temps.

I really like the look of the H100, just looks very professional inside a case. The Noctua coolers may be quiet and good, but they come with ugly *** stock fans >.< They look like they came straight from 1970 :/ I would much prefer to have a nice tidy H100 over a huge fugly D14, even if I was getting hotter temps.

i know those fans are pretty ugly . get the h100 u wont regret it so far the best cooling i ever had. right now oc 4.8ghz higs core 65c

Back