• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Is my rad toast??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Strange...... sometimes strange things happen l, I know I never had anything not copper in a loop where it would get crap like that in the rad I have no idea.

Anyways new loop is looking good so far...... good luck with the new board.

IMO it looks more like the copper oxidized than any rust. Also if there was rust your water would have the same rust red color.

That's possible, that rad sat empty in its box for about a year since I had last used it. I have another identical except 280 sitting even longer in a box as well, if I can get at it without too much hassle I'll take a look maybe give it a flush if I have time tonight.
Might be just oxidized copper. The block was completely black on one half...

If you do get the chance to flush the rad Bassnut, let us know what happens.
I already knew that you wouldn't mix metals in your loops so that's why I wondered if I mixed metals and that's why I questioned the EK fittings..
now if S_P would build that case four wide with 4 ssd mounts per board, hmmmmmmmmm.....................................

SSD mounts? Like a spot for HDD's?
I was limited in size for this case due to my computer desk. Not very deep so a 17" case was as long as I can make it without it hanging over the desk :(

So yeah, if I had the time and materials I could in theory make lots of room for SDD's in the case.
One day when I tear the loop down, I'd like to install LED strips inside the bottom part and show off the EK pump top and my HDD's :thup:

That's the final goal for this case. This is my final case, from here I'll rebuild it, tweak the design, but build it bigger and better.
I wouldn't mind making a copy of the case, but I don't have much free time anymore so I wouldn't be able to guarantee a timeline.

You know.... some 1/4 " plywood down the left side would allow you to hand a few hard drive / ssd. Or even a couple of strips of 1/2" aluminum with properly drilled holes. Just a thought.

You know.... some 1/4 " plywood down the left side would allow you to hand a few hard drive / ssd. Or even a couple of strips of 1/2" aluminum with properly drilled holes. Just a thought.
Attach them to the side of the case?

Actually yeah that would be better plus I could hide some of the SATA cables inside the case! :thup:
I'll have to make a nicer bay for 'em. I like the aluminium idea

I have had no time this week to pull out my rad but will this weekend. Ran a couple movies through the big rig the other night and noticed higher temp so I guess it's time for a tear down and clean out this weekend will flush out that rad for you then too as I have stuff I will need in that box in the closet.

Back