• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me choose the right processors.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Best cooler out there at the moment is the TRUE, it's expensive and doesn't come with a fan, and as i understand it really kinda needs lapping before it's godlike.

The Sunbeam CoreContactFreezer is very very good, and much cheaper, about $45 with a fan (TRUE is $70 with no fan).
The Xigmatek HDT-s1283/1284 are very good coolers also, the 1284 has 4 heatpipes as opposed to three, which makes it cool slightly better. Either one is a very good choice, and the 1283 runs about $35 with a fan included.

Heard quite alot about it. It cost SGD100+ in Singapore. Plus, it comes without a fans, it is a drawback.

I will into the Xigmatek s1283/s1284. Regarding the Sunbeam CoreContactFreeze, I'm not sure about its availability in my country.

If you already have Vista, use it, if not, don't buy it. Download a Windows 7 RC version for now, that's my opinion anyway. Or if you still have XP sitting around, use it til full Windows 7 is released.

No, I don't have any vista around, except for one which is for my laptop. lol.
I will follow your idea then.
Thanks!

you made the right choice for the AMD chip, I would have posted sooner but I was dorkin it up on wow the past 3 or 4 days.

the Intel Q9550 chip at least the one I have is not a good over clocker, in fact I am running it stock, not at the factory 2.83 ghz a core but at 2.6 ghz, the multiplier is stuck at 8.5 if I remember correctly and thats as good as it gets.

the processor is not bad all around, I mean I play wow and cd4, and I ...well not like I have a i7 or some killer over clocked rig to compare it to, but the performance is good and I have no complaints on performance, but if you want to over clock and I don't have the AMD 955 chip, but I will be willing to bet your AMD chip will over clock much better than the q9550.

I am deciding wether to spend 300 bucks on the q9650, a better chip, or the qx9650 with unlocked multipliers for about 700 bucks. really don't care about price so maybe the qx9650

then I got to go back into the system and look at over clocking and voltages and multipliers, joy

Sorry to hear about your unable to clock intel chips.

9550 OC's quite well. I think you just got a dud chip :p. But yeah OP, let us know what you think about HSF choice.

Yeah. I will let all of you know about the HSF choice. I'm leaning towards Xigmatek s1284/s1283. I like the fans for the s1284. haha.

Will keep you guys updated.

Back