• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me master my Neo2 Platinum!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I flashed to 1.B Mod Standard by SE to test out the 183MHz divider with my new g.skills.

And I get the same results as HousERaT :p

280x10 w/ 183 divider is memtest stable but not prime stable.
280x10 w/ 166 is 100% stable all around.

I'm currently testing 312x9 w/ 166 divider to see if its just the divider it self thats busted or if its a hardware problem.

When I first tried 312x9 it gave me thousands of errors as soon as I started memtest. And this was at 2.65v which is normally what my ram likes the best no matter the settings.
But I bumped the ram up to 2.85v and it was all of sudden memtest stable and I'm currently running large FFT prime, I'll let you know how it goes.

This is the first time my ram has ever been more stable at 2.85v then 2.65v. I so dunno what is going on with that. MSI ZONE!

1 Hour and 35min on Prime Large FFT so far.

312x9 w/ 166MHz Divider --- Ram = 255MHz
2.5-3-3-10
Trc= 14
Trfc=22
Trrd=2
Trtw=2

2.85v

I normally run my Trc/Trfc at 11/14 but I lossened them up for the testing.

Using these settings over 280x10 with 166MHz divider took about 1 full second off my SuperPI 1MB score.

Still going:

venice_prime-3hours-2808mhz-312x9-1.424v-2.85v.jpg

That's fantastic, MoPMatrix! I'm talking about the cleavage on your wallpaper not the overclock.:)
Seriously, this has been a problem ever since the Venice core came out and at least for your board you've solved the problem. That's a two thumbs up!:thup: :thup:

How does this look to you guy's ? Do you think i can go higher?Also now my voltage's are reading a lot closer ive noticed with Bios 1.b.They were way off with 1.9 and 1.a.Bios is still set at 1.55v +10% i think or is it 8%..lol any way thats a lot closer to 1.65v than 1.51 that cpuz and everest show.Sorry for highjacking your thread MoPMatrix..lol

Attachments

• untitled (Small).JPG
    untitled (Small).JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 90
It looks fine, Gigabit. I would think with a Sandy and tccd that you could still go higher, but nothing is certain when it comes to overclocking. Good luck with it.

This board is killing me...

Primed for 10 hours over night, and then before I left for work I shut it off so I could test cold boot when I got home. And just like I thought, no go for cold POST at 312x9. It doesnt seem to wana cold POST higher then 290HTT, but will run stable in upwards of 321HTT.

I think I'm going to jump back to the 1.36 BIOS for some testing.

Heres the screen shot none the less:
venice_prime-10hours-2808mhz-312x9-1.424v-2.85v.jpg

Last edited:
I so far, seem to have the 183MHz divider stable.
It was the ram voltages, likes 2.85v at these settings.

Have you made any headway HousERaT?

Heres the shot, it primed for 10 hours over night but I didn't get to take a screen shot before I went to work. And this time it cold POSTs unlike the 312x9 aproach :p

Resulting RAM freq. is 255MHz. Much better over the 23xMHz the 166 divider gave me :p

http://shared.sploitz.com/system/venice_prime-1hours-2808mhz-280x10-1.424v-2.85v.jpg

UPDATE:

Had to lossen the Trc and Trfc a little but its prime stable, 20 hours
venice_prime-20hours-2808mhz-280x10-1.424v-2.85v.jpg

Last edited:
if i set controller mode in a64 tweaker from 64bit to 128bit it just freezes instantly same thing goes if i try to disable 2t :-/ these two settings must surely be costing me a considerable amount of overall system performance? not to mention proves my venice,s mem controller must really hate my ram.setting tras from 8 to 6 doesnt affect stability but doesnt affect performance either, the exception being super pi.btw for me setting refresh rate to 200mhz 3.9us with mem freq at 200 seems to offer the best performance/stability for me :cool: .havent bothered upping the htt just yet mainly because i still havent opened up my case to move the sata cable to slots 3 or 4 and/or switch out my ram.oh and sorry for further threadjacking :) .

Last edited:
RAMMAN said:
if i set controller mode in a64 tweaker from 64bit to 128bit it just freezes instantly same thing goes if i try to disable 2t :-/ these two settings must surely be costing me a considerable amount of overall system performance? not to mention proves my venice,s mem controller must really hate my ram.setting tras from 8 to 6 doesnt affect stability but doesnt affect performance either, the exception being super pi.btw for me setting refresh rate to 200mhz 3.9us with mem freq at 200 seems to offer the best performance/stability for me :cool: .havent bothered upping the htt just yet mainly because i still havent opened up my case to move the sata cable to slots 3 or 4 and/or switch out my ram.oh and sorry for further threadjacking :) .

What happens if you try to set 1T from the BIOS?

no way im trying that, i would just end up with a system that wont boot! oh and it wont boot in dual channel either, so i have to use these two sticks in slots 1 and 3 single channel.64bit mem controller, 2t, single channel...surely these 3 things must be the reasons why my new venice platform performs exactly the same as when i still had my old 3.2 prescott! and the weirdest thing, if i go in and out of the bios, when im back in windows, the cpu voltage has dropped by 0.05v!

Last edited:
lol if it doesnt post then just reset the CMOS jumper or hit the insert key on POST.

I dont see how ur system wont boot with dual channel, I'm thinking either your board or CPU is no good.
And the controler is probably stuck in 64bit mode because your running single channel. <--- Guessing

But that all sounds pretty horrible, I wouldn't put up with that :p

I'm with MoPMatrix on this one. Either it's the board or the cpu. I will bet on the board as msi makes many more bad ones than AMD.

MoPMatrix said:
And the controler is probably stuck in 64bit mode because your running single channel. <--- Guessing

your absolutely correct on that one.knowing my luck it would end up costing me way too much in labor to switch mobos so i wont even think about it without conclusive proof of my mobo being faulty.i might be trying out different types of ram sometime soon and perhaps even try out a different core revision 939 cpu(im thinking higher clocked winnie, claw or even sd here)come christmas :santa: but thats about it.btw, do you guys use msi core center version 2.0.0.4 for overclocking? and can this app change the ltd or do i have to go into bios for that? oh and another weird thing, whenever i try prime95 blend, it doesnt error however its still on test 1 after 48 minutes! how weird is that? its like my rig was doing nothing except for a whole lot of hardrive activity the entire time!

Last edited:
Cost you too much in labor? You pay someone to work on your PC?

And a Clawhammer is a s754 chip.

Corecenter is horrible for OCing, don't even install that trash program. OC from BIOS.
But no it can't change the LDT multi.
The only thing it can really do is change your HTT and CPU/RAM voltage. And most of the time the settings don't stay as you set them after a reboot or the entire PC will just lock up while making changes with it.

Don't be so scared, making changes from BIOS won't fry anything :p
If something causes it not to boot then just reset your CMOS jumper, super easy.
I render my system POST-Less at least once a week :p
Sometimes 2 or 3 times in the same day if I'm really trying to push it :p

Last edited:
used to pay someone else to work on my pc that is.until i could no longer afford it.i cant even trust my own dad to install anything other than ram thedalone replacing a mobo and im no better myself! so the sheer difficulty of replacing a mobo would pretty much rule that out for me unless i absolutely had to.939 clawhammers do exist, but most of them are the old 939 fx,s.so what is the best program there is out there for overclocking from windows? im not afraid of frying anything, not after experiencing the prescott at 75c :p but im scared ****less of my pc not booting.and how far can i overclock before having to move the sata cable from slot 1? btw i uninstalled corecenter after it dropped the chipset fan speed by 13% by itself somehow.

Last edited:
RAMMAN said:
so what is the best program there is out there for overclocking from windows?

Clockgen
Still have to change the LDT multi and other settings from the BIOS though.

Also I think the max vcore you can set with Clockgen for the neo2 is 1.45v. (1.42v actual)
For higher you will have to use Corecenter or the BIOS.

Don’t forget to start out by disabling NV/ATI Speedup and loosening RAM timings.

MoPMatrix said:
Also I think the max vcore you can set with Clockgen for the neo2 is 1.45v. (1.42v actual)
For higher you will have to use Corecenter or the BIOS.

Don’t forget to start out by disabling NV/ATI Speedup and loosening RAM timings.

i had a look at clockgen and it has vcore options up to 1.55v.what does nv/ati speedup do? i heard that counterstrike freezes when this setting is on so ill disable it the next time i go into the bios.also why would i have to loosen ram timings? my ram worked just fine at 2.5-3-3-6 timings before on my old intel setup up to 221fsb and only stopped there because of that darn overheating prescott.

Last edited:
RAMMAN said:
i had a look at clockgen and it has vcore options up to 1.55v

The settings are there, just as they are on BIOS, but no setting over 1.45v has any affect. So even when you set it to 1.55v it will put out the same ammount of voltage as if you had it set to 1.45v. Which is really about 1.42v because the board under volts so bad.

So to get higher vcore, you need to use the overvolt (%) settings in BIOS to boost it up past 1.45v.

RAMMAN said:
what does nv/ati speedup do?

Automaticly OCs your video card.
Really bad feature that does nothing but cause problems.

RAMMAN said:
also why would i have to loosen ram timings? my ram worked just fine at 2.5-3-3-6 timings before on my old intel setup up to 221fsb and only stopped there because of that darn overheating prescott.

Just a standard recommendation I give everyone. Mostly because u will want to find the max of your CPU before you start OCin your ram. Or else once you reach an unstable point you won’t know if it is your RAM or CPU holding you back. And you will go crazy =)

But if you are already running 2.5-3-3-7 u should be ok :p

Back