• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me mod a Lian Li

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpaceRangerJoe

Alright, I have recently made some purchases, and it is about time to start modding. I odered a Lian Li PC70 today (got a great deal on ebay). I have some ideas of what I want to do, and need help with some help with them. Of course, any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.

Powder Coating - I think I have decided to go with powdercoating instead of anodizing. The powder coating will be very though, and I can get a high gloss black finish. I have considered going for another color, but I kinda like black cases. If you think another color would look better, let me know, and links to pictures would be nice too. My brother (RangerJoe) worked at a machine shop, and can get the powder coating done for cheap.

Window - I will need to put some sort of window in the side. I want some sort of custom design, since lots of people have the standard rectagular window. Maybe 2 different windows? Any idea, especially pictures would be welcome here.

Phase Change Cooling - Here is the sweet part. I will probably be getting a Vapochill XE, and I want to move the compressor and such into the Lian Li. I will flip the PSU mouting bracket over, and put the PSU at the very top of the case, then move the vapo setup right below that. I think that should all fit without any height issues (hopefully). I will need some help with this me thinks. What will be the best way to mount something like this? I might try to use the piece of metal that the vapo is mounted on normally, then get a riveter (sp?) and rivet it to the back of the case. Then perhaps get some alluminum strips, rivet them to the other end of the standard vapo bracket, and run them up to the the top of the case, and rivet it in place there. That would provide more than enough support. I want to avoid mounting anything to the side of the case, since I want the sides to remain removeable. Maybe brace it off of the mobo tray? Any suggestions are welcome.

Drive Stealthing - Might as well go with this. It will help keep a clean look. My brother did a nice job here. (Pics don't seem to be working right now...)

Sleave PSU - This doesn't need much explaining. I'll probably upgrade to a Fortron 530, which has a nice chrome finish. Sleaving would look nice.

That's all I can think of for now. I'll be sure to post back here with pics as soon as the parts start rolling in.

ill do some lasering of the window, some custom designed logos put in there maybe?

i can get automotive paint + clear coats done too for cheap

Here's what I'd do. Get a picture you like, and cut it in the side of the case. Not really a picture, but something simple, almost like a logo. Make one up if you like.

In a black case, I think the orange UV reactive stuff looks awesome, consider it for the sleeving.

Fitting the Vapo in there will be tricky and will make things a little cluttered. You may have to make a little adition to you case either on top or bottom to help out with space.
^
^
That dancing penguin cracks me up everytime... sorry that in no way shape or for will help you with your case, but I had to say it.

Back