• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me overclock Athlon x64 4200+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I can't give more voltage to CPU.... And I got freeze after 5 minutes of pc running...

I can't give more voltage to CPU.... And I got freeze after 5 minutes of pc running...

Well we are just running in circles wasting our time collectively. You need more Vcore to run faster. Your cheap board does not allow raising voltage to the cpu. So what you going to do?

1. Spend a few hours trying to adjust FSB to Mhz for the most cpu Mhz you can get without benefit of raising cpu voltage. WE don't need to know blow by blow. It will take you awhile to get to something like 2550Mhz +/- and that will be that.

2. Settle for the quickly attainable 2500Mhz.

3. Get a good overclocking motherboard.

4. There are no more choices. :bang head

Hehe! Thank you. For the moment I'll take option 1! Thanks for your time and sorry for my noobism :D

Hehe! Thank you. For the moment I'll take option 1! Thanks for your time and sorry for my noobism :D

I have no issue with noobism, since at some point in time, we were all noobs. However there is a time to move on when the circumstances are very cut and dried.

You have what you have and no amount of talking about the problem can change the hardware issues. Only changing hardware can fix the real problem you face. Otherwise you play till you give up and then start saving for newer adjustable parts and pieces. Long live #1 until you opt for #3.

Be well. RGone...ster :chair:

Back