• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me try and prove the courts wrong

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
White Rain said:
You could always have 2 seperate computers, one completely beneath the floor except mouse, kboard (wireless versions) and the monitor, a way to power it on. you could then quickly unplug the monitor from the underground pc (using an extension so you can drop the monitor cord that's attached to the back of the pc under the floor down into the floor. mod the keyboard and mouse so that they work on both pc's at the same time because they run on the same frequency, so when you turn the clean pc on the mouse and keyboard would run on it ( would only have one pc on at a time) only suspicious thing is then is that your monitor isn't plugged into the clean pc, to remedy that all you have to do is remove the securing screws from the monitor plug so you can use the excuse you lost them and it falls off the back of the pc all the time on it's own.

I wouldn't go for that idea personally, too complicated and if they were already looking for you they know you have something to hide anyway, so having something like the primacord HDD death box although suspicious would be the best way to prevent your data from falling into the wrong hands.

Pointless i mean there is a good chance they will find it and if they do ur toast.
man dont you get it you wont have time to unhook any thing if your lucky you can press the butten thats all.
i wouldnt even cover the butten with glass i would put a swing cover on it so flip push BOOM.

syberspy9 said:
Pointless i mean there is a good chance they will find it and if they do ur toast.
man dont you get it you wont have time to unhook any thing if your lucky you can press the butten thats all.
i wouldnt even cover the butten with glass i would put a swing cover on it so flip push BOOM.

I get it, I wouldn't use that method myself, was just trying to help take the bugs out if someone wanted to, like I said I'd go with the primacord and kill switch.

As for emp, I don't know a good way to make an emp spike w/o being dangerous to be around. I'm not well versed in emp, as in how to create a pulse, i know what it does.

But i do know that to make a big enough pulse you'd be hard pressed to get enough power through your 20amp house wires to do the job w/o blowing your breaker being emp pulses don't go on 2x the power 2x the size scale they take 3x the power to double the size of the pulse, everytime you double the size of the pulse it takes 3x the amt of power.

Wouldn't want something that might not work as your last defense as they run through the door heeh.

You could get a car alarm or something set up so that when a loud enough noise(a door being broken or glass shattering) will turn on the thermite. This way you don't even have to push a butten and you don't have to be home for it to work!

I think any judge will find it suspicious that you had an explosive in your home but as long as you dont confess you should be fine. :bday:

If you have broadband they could just scan your hard drive for illegal stuff, so what would you do about that? :-/

Marley said:
I have a friend thats a defence lawyer and hes had a case conserning a file that was downloaded. So called experts have been in to the court and put accross a case that claims information can always be recovered off a harddrive because they claim they have advanced programs. I thought that once a harddrive was formatted and information written over the area where old information was stored that that areas of the old information would be unrecoverable. I aslo though that if a person was to low level format then isnt all information gone? or is it still recoverable?

Thanks marls

...yes the info can be recovered after a simple format, SOME or all of the info can be recovered even after a low-level format, for a price...

...before I'd go on about how to make recovering that data much more difficult, I'd be asking what the hell yur buddy's client has been charged with? Industrial Espionage? Too bad, so sad, let Robin Hood have his day. "Stealing" music? Wipe the HDD. Stealing credit card numbers, he deserves to be busted. Dwnlding kiddie pr0n, nail the prick to the wall...

...any defence lawyer that wants to hide stuff, is probably trying to hide something very bad, very incriminating, and very wrong, which means his client probably did something very wrong. Personally, I despise it when someone who is guilty as sin walks away "Scot Free", especially because they were able to hide, or destroy, evidence. Obviously, yur lawyer buddy's client is guilty, or he wouldn't be hoping that the evidence had been destroyed with a format. I hope they nail the prick, for whatever he's done...

...just my never at all humble onion... :D

Best option is high powered model rocket engines that launch the drive several miles away when you hit the button, so there is no evidence around.

Cetoole come on thats bull
z0n3 what happens when somthing loud like a TV or some drunk guys yelling on a fridayt night? the sound is well not smart in a normal persons house.

as for over the net havent you guys heard of firewalls proxy servers?
your HD can be protected over the net as long as your one of US at OC FORUMS and you know how to.

when you destroy your HD it doesnt matter because they cant prove that you had any thing bad on it. they might know but the thing is they need EVEDINCE.

prima cord is what i would do

I'm sure most people here have an old useless HDD around. Make your prototype HDD destroyer and see if you can successfully destroy it in less than a second. Grab some primacord, wrap the POS and stick it in a home made case with a 6V-12V lantern battery. Take the sucker out to an open field, push the button, and take note on what happens.

note: make sure you have some distance between you and the case, wire the button to extend a good 30 feet from the case.

Lol no not really, I don't have a whole lot of contacts, best i could do is stuff a shoestring w/ black powder from those little black cat fireworks.

I seriously doubt that will come close to primacord lol.

If you have a "clean" drive or computer, you must remember that the access dates on everything will be compleatly wrong if you don't use it regularly.

Well this thread becme pretty explosive LOL...aside from blowing up a drive the origional question was answered a few times..A format will not protect you from data recovery.However there are programs that will over write the drive with bianary making recovery close to impossible.

The down fall is it is time consuming and any one with the need to do this should have good reason beyond the criminal behavior mentioned in the start of this thread.

nissmo300 said:
well you'll have another "clean" drive in the computer the the "dirty" drive in the floor. You'll have a little slack as white rain mentioned so that you'll pull it up a little, cut wires, and drop.

Then you go open the door for the cops or wait until they come to you. They take you away only to find a HD in your computer with no "illegal" stuff in it.

Nissmo300

I can't go any longer w/o saying something hehe

Your avatar, every time I see it I can't help but to get the feeling this type of discussion comes way to easily to you lol.

ya the power level is high.
um any one know any more about prima cord i mean 1 rap and im shure it would blow the HD to crumms.

so what type of prima cord would you use? ( yaya i know that small stuff)

lets see them recover the info on this drive :p

Attachments

• DSCF0577.JPG
    DSCF0577.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF0580.JPG
    DSCF0580.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 32
Back