• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me tweak my setup please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

philzzz

Registered
Hello,

Here is my setup. Is it optimized, you think ? Please comment.

Attachments

• FANS.jpg
    FANS.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 71
Yes, well thing is, people usually put their rad fans as Intake for cool air on the rad; but this setup doesnt allow me do this for effective airflow :(

I want to to keep my rear and top as exhaust, front and side as intakes...

The diff in temps with good case airflow is just a few C. Unless your case air is really bad, you live on Venus, or overclock to the bleeding edge and your current cooling is silly not enough, it's perfectly fine. Many place the primary rad in custom setups up top and are fine.

Ohh, BTW, you draw that pic? Nice job. The ones we see at times can be....

It looks like you may be causing a negative case pressure. If it is it will suck air into every crack along with dust. It is hard to say for sure without knowing the CFM of each fan but it does look negative. Of coarse you will also have a PSU fan that I would assume is going to intake at the bottom and that might tip the balance back to positive pressure. You may also have fan controllers that you can turn the RPM's up or down to achieve the desired effect and check it with smoke.
I also used my H100I as an exhaust on the top of the case and it works very well.

For some reason, my two exhaust 140mm fans in the back, the push/pull on the rad fans which are plugged in the CPU_fan, run ALWAYS at full, 1200 rpm...?

No matter what I put in the bios (silent, turbo, manual, etc) they always run at 100%.. its sort of annoying because I hear them all them time, and its overkill... my cpu temps are at 16 degrees right now... I have even tried to control them via Asus AI, but still nothing happens.

Also, weird thing, a service called "ASUS FAN ..." was making my pc log slowly into windows; I have deactivated the service, and windows is back to normal.

Do I have a dud mobo ???

BOTH fans? You make sure you disconnected the the RPM fan to one fan? Can't mix and match PWM mulitiple connexctions, gotta be done right.

No time to explain, you might need to read up on that.

Looks good to me.

Check that the PWM signal is getting to our back fan. If it's not it will run 100% RPM. ;)

Thanks guys, the 2 back fans are 3 pin, therefore probably not able to be power managed by bios.. I have read this on multiple forums... is this correct? Anyways, I have connected those 2 fans to a manual controller

You are probably correct but I'm not knowledgeable of your motherboard. I've managed to make the move to all PWM and control all fans based on CPU temp.

Back