• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me understand if WC would benefit me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Honestly, for what you're looking for I'd consider the Reserator for your CPU as long as you're willing to stay at stock speeds (and you can find a place for it on your desk! ;)). If you get it and find that you still have some thermal room left over you can add the video card into the loop - but I think I'd try CPU only at first.

Hopefully you'll get an Eheim pump with it. If not, you might want to look into those - they're very good pumps ...

like an eclipse or a comet has the Zalman hour come again?

theres better passive rad options that need not stay passive for the spend.

like the airplex evo 1800... and if its not up to it and you must have some low speed fans there going to be much more effective through the evos rad design. alu free too.

these folk have some in stock and priced in uk quids :)
http://www.aquatuning.co.uk/product...1080-in-aquaduct-Design-without-fittings.html

Last edited:
Sorry to drag this back up again...

I believe my case can actually take 1x 140.2 and 1x 120.2 (maybe even both 140.2) radiators rather than 2x 120.2s. Is this going to help with noise level as the 140mm fans can run slower and therefore quieter.

Neither swiftech or Thermochill make 140.2 though - so who is the next best to go with?

Looks like your choices are very limited for 140.2 rads designed for low flow rate fans. The only one I've found that fits those criteria is the BI SR1 280 rad. I haven't seen any reviews on it, but I would imagine it should work decently as the SR1 series are specifically designed for operation with quiet fans, using 9 FPI fin spacing.

The only testing showing the difference between a 120 sized rad and a corresponding 140 sized rad is this review by Skinnee. The review is on the TC 140.3 rad and on page 4 he shows graphed results of the 140.3 and compares them against the 120.3 rad. In the review the 140.3 is showing significantly better performance on the order of around 15% for like fan speeds. That's about all the help I can give you on this as I don't know of any reviews on the new SR1 280.

Even assuming the worst case, that the 140's are only as good as the 120's, if you can use fans that are more quiet doesn't that make them better as far as you're concerned ...?

True words!

I am going to go burry my head in some watercooling websites and do more research - I think I have caught the water cooling bug, and even though I keep trying to find excuses not to, I keep coming back to wanting to do it!

Back