• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Meltdown?! Is my temperature a bit high?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I say they look fine.
One note however, update prime95 and run them again, as I noticed it says "Unknown Intel"
And I know Prime95 can use certain optimizations with certain CPU's. (like AVX and such)

It may ore may not have any impact on your temps, but it's just something to remember.

I say they look fine.
One note however, update prime95 and run them again, as I noticed it says "Unknown Intel"
And I know Prime95 can use certain optimizations with certain CPU's. (like AVX and such)

It may ore may not have any impact on your temps, but it's just something to remember.

this is the latest version.:-/

when I go to click on options and CPU. It shows my info. wierd?

RmjzXEo.png

Alrighty then. That's something you don't see everyday.

I think you're good, heck my i5 in the sig heats up to 70*C when I'm folding on 2 out of 4 cores! :eek:

So yeah, if we are going by Intel's Tcase temps, (66.8) then you're pretty much at their "max". But It's not going to kill the chip if you are a bit over, besides it's not like all 6 cores will be under 100% load 24/7 right? :p

Tcase =/= Core temp.

You're good to ~95°C core temp on your chip, OP.

Back