• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help modding a retention plate xp 90

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gangaskan

i have a 939 adapter for my XP 90 and i dont want to buy another kit for this pc. i can only fit this in my pc (LianLI V300) with a 92mm fan it pretty much packs the case almost touching the power supply.

looking at the retention plate, i see its similar to the 775 but not quite, but can i modify the plate to look like the other and maybe try to get it to mount? i know i'll have to use screws and such, but thats fine i know there will be some more modifications to get it to fit properly.

or should i make something else? i was thinking of a square plate where the tension is put on the mounting plates and use screws and washers or something? similar to the XP 120 but a little different

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to mount the XP90 to man. Do you want to mount to socket 939? Because it should have a 939 RM with it, IIRC. Or do you want to mount to socket 775?

Back