• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help New Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sin4life

Registered
About to RMA the whole thing if i dont get this fixed.
Originally had problems with some graphical issues. Played with some things and fixed it. But now i got BSOD today. >__<

my computer build is

Windows 8

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011
MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support) ASUS P9X79 Pro Intel X79 Chipset
Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ BT GO, SSD Caching, 7.1 HD Audio, Intel GbLAN, 4 Gen3
PCIe x16 & 2 PCIe x1
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (EVGA Superclocked
VIDEO2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (EVGA Superclocked
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/2133MHz Quad Channel Memory (G.SKILL Ripjaws X)
POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Thermaltake Smart Series SP-850M 80 Plus Bronze Modular Power Supply
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
HDD2: None
FA_HDD: None
IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports

Cooler Master Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation
CAS: Thermaltake Level 10GT Full Tower Wide Body Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window
CS_FAN: Default case fans
FAN: Asetek 550LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Advanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)(Single Standard 120MM Fan)
COOLANT: Standard Coolant
CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive
CD2: None
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer
IEEE_CARD: None
Monitor 1: 55" LCD TV
Monitor 2: 27" LCD TV

Also did a benchmark in which i scored low in

NovaBench Score: 806
Which is extremely low compared to the computer in the top spots with less hardware.

7/23/2013 5:43:04 PM
Microsoft Windows 8
Intel Core i73820 3.60GHz @ 3601 MHz
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

16331 MB System RAM (Score: 207)
- RAM Speed: 5990 MB/s

CPU Tests (Score: 310)
- Floating Point Operations/Second: 127300360
- Integer Operations/Second: 284248768
- MD5 Hashes Generated/Second: 397796

Graphics Tests (Score: 230)
- 3D Frames Per Second: 674

Hardware Tests (Score: 59)
- Primary Partition Capacity: 1863 GB
- Drive Write Speed: 63 MB/s

--------------------------------------
Turned TPU on and EPU off.
Got AI suite II overclocking.
What should i do?
How can i get stable computer that can play all games on max settings and stay 24/7.
What should i set my mother board to?
My graphix card settings?
And such.
PS im a uber newb. alli do is ply BF3 and FF14 LOL
I dont know much about computers.
So any explanation with pics would be so helpfull

When you restart your pc there are usually a error message something like this

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8011458010
BCP2: FFFFF88006C16378
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

what is the BCCcode?

Last edited:
Not sure had to hold button to restart. The blue screen sayed it was gathering data to restart and froze at 25%

So, you got a BSOD. What was the error on the BSOD? You should see a value like 0x0000000124 or something along those lines.

What were you doing when you received the BSOD? Gaming? Sitting at the desktop?

As far as the benchmark, I havent heard of that one, so its tough to compare your results to anything. I also worry that the scores you are comparing it against are overclocked systems or faster CPUs in the first place.

EDIT: That said, after looking at the NOVABENCH, you should score somewhere around 2k...

Last edited:
Yea on nova bench without over clocking i was scoring 800 somthing. After some tweeks 1800.
When i got BSOD i was playing BF3
All the GPU temps were high but fine. Didnt have a CPU temp up and running.
The blue screen had no error messege except a frown face and collecting data with msg WATCHDOGERROR i think it was

That score seems a lot more reasonable.

Ahhh... that error, can be an SSD/HDD and driver error from a quick google search. Please try updating all your drivers manually. Chipset, network card, GPU, Intel drivers and see if that helps.

All drivers already up to date :(
Also read somewere that i shouldent use the overclock feature and should overclock in the BIOS since my overclock on the type of mother board i have doesent clock correctly.

Anyone know what my BIOS should be for a stable 24/7 system?

So wait, you are overclocked on the CPU? NOW you say that (see you referenced AI Suite at the bottom but...)?!! That would have been quite helpful in the FIRST post to actually post what settings you are at when overclocked such as voltage/bclk! Anyway, revert back to stock settings and see if the problem still happens. It is possible that the overclock you dialed in is not stable.

As far as what settings makes your overclock stable, every system is different, so one cannot say this that and the other will be stable for you. Its all about trial and error.

EDIT: Please post CPUz screenshots of your current overclocked settings. The CPU tab, MEMORY and SPD tab please.

OCFinsertimages.png

Well originally i wasent overclocking, and had screen tearing on the desktop. Thats when i turned the TPU and EPU on, on the mother board and moved the SLI graphix to bottom slot.

Now i got EPU turned off and TPU on.
Yet i got a problem in the benchmarking tool says im running PCI 2.0 when its suppose to be 3.0. For unknown reasons

Im overclocking barley right now. this system tho is suppose to super over clock and be fine. But im new to all of this and idk how to mess with BIOS. i dont want to destroy anything.

ok ill post screenshots when i get home. At work now.
(Sigh work) :( at least its friday

Overclocking and screen tearing have nothing to do with each other. Moving slots should not have an effect on screen tearing either.

I have no idea what TPU is...

WHen you put a load on the GPU, it should show 3.0. In idle it sometimes goes down.

Im overclocking barley right now. this system tho is suppose to super over clock and be fine. But im new to all of this and idk how to mess with BIOS. i dont want to destroy anything.

As ED said, set everything back to stock. You need to get it stable there.

That board is PCI 2.0 with the ability to go 3.0. Your cards are not capable of 3.0 speeds anyways After some research it seems they sort of are. LINK

That 3820 will take more skill to overclock than comparable 1155 based system because it is a locked processor.

Saying a system is "suppose to super over clock" is a false statement. Every chip is different and has it's own limits.

Last edited:
As ED said, set everything back to stock. You need to get it stable there.

That board is PCI 2.0 with the ability to go 3.0. Your cards are not capable of 3.0 speeds anyways After some research it seems they sort of are. LINK

That 3820 will take more skill to overclock than comparable 1155 based system because it is a locked processor.

Saying a system is "suppose to super over clock" is a false statement. Every chip is different and has it's own limits.

Reasonable.
Whats the link for the CPUZ program.
TPU on my mother board after some reasearch is some type of over clock that i dont understand. should i turn it off? its a switch.
the EPU is some type of power saver switch.

How do i reset back to stock? The program only has a upgrade button.
Do i go through BIOS to do this?

Sry my newbishness is bad XD

And btw i wana take the time to thank yall for helping me out :D
Most forums i have been on have not been of any help.
Best answerer they give is (Research it)
lol which i am, but can only understand so much.

Last edited:
I would personally turn that TPU off if it is some quick overclocking button/switch.

I highly suggest you drop everything on your pc to stock clocks, and start reading up on overclocking.

If you are having issues with BSoD on stock clocks, if you cannot find the issue, you can even resort to returning your pc to the online store you purchased it from for another under their Warranty. Or does it only show a BSoD when you overclock?

How do i reset back to stock? The program only has a upgrade button.
Do i go through BIOS to do this?

The easiest way is the clear cmos button on the MoBo itself. Number 12
x79.JPG

The layout is also in your mobo manual.

*edit Fixed to reflect ED's post

Last edited:
That button is a 'reboot' reset, not a CMOS/BIOS reset that sets all the settings back to stock...

The one that resets everything to stock is the small red button in the bottom right hand corner of the board next to the TPU switch. ;)

I think im in love with you guys.
LOL cant get any easier then a picture and simplicity :D
i will deff do this when i get home.

I think im in love with you guys.
LOL cant get any easier then a picture and simplicity :D
i will deff do this when i get home.

Happy to help.... remember though, help is nice but education is better.

Educate yourself. Read, read and then read some more.

Happy to help.... remember though, help is nice but education is better.

Educate yourself. Read, read and then read some more.

And im glad yall are my teachers. Best ones i have found also :D

OK computer has been reset.
Graphix back to reset defaults.
Drivers updated with new software.

Where can i get CPUZ? Last one i had was detected as a viruse by kaspersky, IDK why. GPU-Z works fine.

Also maken sure graphix card and all are in right place.

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 65
Back