• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help O.C Ram to 2133mhz for benchmarks only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jdfox

Hi all, ok here it is. I,ve been to nearly every forum i can find asking for help overclocking my system and never get any replies apart from "you have a nice system why overclock?" In the overclocking sections too lol clueless.
OR, "why are you running RAM so high" even tho i say im benchmarking.
Anyway

ive been playing with my new builld for the last few days to gain knowledge and for benchmarking as it interests me alot. So far i have managed to get to 4.4ghz with only 2 changes in bios, voltage to 1.310v and loadline to extreme. I also managed to get my RAM to run at 1833mhz with no changed to vots or timings and got it to pass super pi 32MB in 7mins 48 secs.
I have now set ram to run @ 2133mhz can changed volts to 1.65 and timings to 9 10 9 24 but cannot get past super pi, i get a error message after 3 iterations... So can anyone help me get it stable just for benchmarking purposes only, this is like the 5th thread asking for help(other forums) and no one seems to reply so i would appreciate any help with this (votage, timings etc!)
BTW my RAM is the 4GB 2x2GB kit cl9

I normally run my system @4.4ghz ram @ 1600mhz for 24/7 use. I did have a profile saved when i bought my bundle from overclockers.com but lost it when i had to clear cmos and my tems then @4.6ghz was 29.c idol 61.c max full load using prime 95.

thanks for looking, look forward to hearing your opinions.
A70 air cooler
PowerCool 650w 80+ modular psu
gigabyte gtx 560 ti o.c
antec 300 case
blue ray/dvd/cd combo drive

Last edited:
Hi there,
It's strange that you can even boot @2133 9-10-9 with Corsair Vengeance 1600 :p but it seems like you got some really nice sticks :thup:
All I can say is that you can try higher tRCD like 11 or something like 9-11-10-28 tRFC 110-140 and up to 1.7V. Also for some chips command rate 2T is helping ( on new platforms it's not big performance drop but you can check it yourself in spi32m ). Also try higher VCCIO up to ~1.15V.

Hi there,
It's strange that you can even boot @2133 9-10-9 with Corsair Vengeance 1600 :p but it seems like you got some really nice sticks :thup:
All I can say is that you can try higher tRCD like 11 or something like 9-11-10-28 tRFC 110-140 and up to 1.7V. Also for some chips command rate 2T is helping ( on new platforms it's not big performance drop but you can check it yourself in spi32m ). Also try higher VCCIO up to ~1.15V.

Thanks ill try those settings and report back after. Best advice given to date lol.
Was the time of 7mins 48 secs 32MB Super Pi i managed with ram at 1866mhz and cpu @4.4ghz a good time?

Back