• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help ocin asus p4c-800e deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noob_123

hi i just got my asus p4c-800e deluxe with my p4 2.4c m0 and 1gb pc3500 mushkin lvl 2 black. This is my first oc, and ims sorta @ a loss. I understand i need 2 do an agp/pci lock? what should i lock it at and is there anythin else i should lock?

Hello noob_123

In your BIOS turn your AI Overclock tuner to: Manual
slowly take your FSB up from 200 till you get to your desired overclock
set your dram frequency to 266 to start till you achieve a stable OC
AGP/PCI set to 66/33
DO NOT EXCEED 1.7 volts on you CPU Vcore or run risk of damage
set your DDR voltage to 2.85volts
keep your AGP voltage at 1.5
Performance mode: standard
For now keep your ram timing by speed.
Keep Performace Acceleration on Auto

Have fun and keep us posted!

And step it slowly running Prime95 for stability,and the 3DMark's for performance. I alos like to run SiSandra's burn-in after each increase to 'settle' things in. Don't try to take it all at once or you run the risk of ordering some new parts real soon!

when i ajusted cpu voltage to 1.7, i was able to run @ 300fsb stable, but when i tried making the dram frequency 400mhz, it kept saying oc failed. Besides raising the fsb how else can i make my cpu speed higher? and what do i do with memor speeds/timings

Set your memory speed timings back to 266, or 3:2 as you notch up your cpu FSB. You should be able to set it at 5:4 no problem, but to be safe 3:2. My OCZ 3500 maxes at 225fsb at a 1:1 setting. My CPU will hit 236 solid in all apps and might could be pushed a notch or two, But I've found I get better marks with the faster cpu speed vs. memory speed. The idea is to push the CPU to its' threshold, then the memory, and see which combination of settings gives you the best performance.
Hope that helps.

i dont understand the memory latencys whats 3:2
and where do i change all this. also does adjusting memory settings raise my cpu speed?

Look on page 4-14 of the manual, or approx. In your bios, go to Advanced/Jumper free and set AI Overclock tuner to 'manual'. This will allow you to adjust all the settings manually.
"Dram frequency" is where you can set the memory speed to be a ratio of the CPU speed, either [266 (3:2)][333 (5:4)] or [400 (1:1)]
Here now you will be able to lock your AGP/PCI bus independent of the CPU, which you should do and select 66.66/33.33. Set 'Performance Mode' to standard. If after you've got everything tuned, you can experiment by setting this to auto or Turbo later.
Now go to Advanced/Advanced chipset settings-this is where you can now adjust latency timings, AGP aperture,etc. I would leave these to default while you push the cPu up. Once you've hit it's ceiling, you can come back and work on pushing these paramemters while you tune in the memory speed, timings, voltage etc.
Hope this helps. I'm checking out for the night but will check in in the Am and see how things are going. Good luck and have fun!:)

Back