• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help OC'ing my system...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You have Asus Probe on your motherboard cd. That will give you your temps. You can also download Speedfan or Everest.

Ill try everset...but I just installed pcprobe. Right now I'm looking at between 43c and 44c...but the voltage is still off in the report. I have it set at 1.55...and it's being reported as 1.456.

I'll try more tomorrow...I'm way too tired right now.

Thanks again everyone!

Sorry. It comes with some motherboards. I'm not sure that there's another way to get it.

I've always just used the utility that came with the motherboard. You've probably already got one.

Edit: Nevermind :)

lol no prob...I apprecaite the help though

Otter...do you think that my memory is what's been holding me back all this time and is it possible that is what's effecting core 0 when priming given the above (and prior) settings?

7/27...

Lastnight before going to bed I toyed with the settings a bit as suggested...

LDT - 4x
HTT - 12x
CPU volts - 1.50v
CPU mhz - 225
Mem Volts - 2.8v

Memory settings are as follows:

Timing Mode - Manual
Memclock Index Value (mhz) - 333
CAS# Latency (Tcl) - 2
Min RAS# Active Time (Tras) - 5T
RAS# to CAS# Delay (Trcd) - 3T
Row Precharge Time (Trp) - 2T
Row Cycle Time (Trc) - 11T
Row Refresh Cycle Time (Trfc) - 14T
Read-to-write Time (Trwt) - 4T
Write Recovery Time (Twr) - 3T
1T/2T Memory Timing - 1T
S/W DRAM Over 4G Remapping - Enabled
H/W DRAM Over 4G Remapping - Enabled

Well...I passed a dual prime95 test overnight and as I got up I see it recycled into another pass...so I shut it down. Now...is this because I lowered the mhz to 333 as suggested, or could it be because my Trfc is now at a 14, or probably both? I'd like to see if I could get it up to 2.8 if possible. Also...I posted this in another section, but if I was to let my prime run a few more passes, isn't that harder to pass?

After I got ready for work, I also ran a SuperPI test at 32m, passed that no errors in 29 minutes flat. Also monitoring my cpu temps...seems to be hitting a high of 58c while running these tests, sometimes as low as 56c

Dragon41673 said:
Otter...do you think that my memory is what's been holding me back all this time and is it possible that is what's effecting core 0 when priming given the above (and prior) settings?
It's definitely possible if you were overclocking or narrowtiming the RAM. It's always a good idea to make sure the RAM is stable before spending too much time pushing the CPU. Sometimes there will be problems with certain dividers (thought these may not be the fault of the RAM), and I've heard of RAM getting cranky when underclocked with loose timings. You just don't know for sure until you check.

Were those temps you gave for full load?

LOL yeah sorry they were at a full load.

Right now PC Probe fluctuates between 40 and 41 degrees. I'm SO tempted to do what's in the thread I have linked below...but man I don't wanna screw my warranty or my CPU ya know? Sounded like a couple people were having the exact same problem I'm having with core 0, they did this mod and passed prime and super pi at way higher speeds.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=401748

Back