• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP on Overclocking...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zerami

I have a AMD Black Edition 1090T proc. I was using AMD Overdive today and started a bench test. Next thing I know, my machine display freaks out and then tries to reboot. Now when I restart the machine... nothing. No boot screen. Not able to get into BIOS. All I get is three black screens with nothing on them. My USB devices do not even power on like my Logitech G15 keyboard. I have even tried starting the machine with the Windows 7 Professional disc in there and still nothing. The only thing that happens is that the lights on the box come on. I am using a sniper case.

Kind of new to this so I can give you a basic rundown of system specs...

AMD 1090Y Black Edition proc.
8GB Ram (4x2GB)
2 5770 ATI Radeon Graphics cards in SLI mode.
Water cooler for the processor
Gigabyte AM2+ motherboard
Sniper Case with lots of fans.
2x500 GB HDD in a RAID 1 for OS
4x 1 TB drives in a RAID 5 for data back up (Media)

I am at a loss since I have never seen a PC not ever be able to reboot at least into a BIOS screen. Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I am new to the forums scene so please be gentle. :)

Reset the CMOS on the board to restore default settings (how to do that is in your manual).

Also in my signature is an overclocking guide for bulldozer. Check that out to help you on your way...!

Will try that. Thank you so much for the quick response. :) I'll let you know how that goes.

I think Earthdog means too look at the "AMD Overclocking Guide" in his signature,That will help you with the 1090.

I got the CMOS reset. Computer rebooted up fine. Thanks for that EarthDog. Now, the little icons where the clock is are gone. I cannot see anything that is running. I can hover over the little squares and all when you press the up arrow but I cannot see anything even when i try to right click to get the menu to pop up. Any ideas?

Thanks Mandrake4565 for the clarification. I saw that in his signature and was hoping that was what it was for. :)

Back