• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help overclocking a amd fx 9370

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scavenger84

hey I've just purchased a amd fx 9370 and did have a 1100t pervious but I lost my last overclock for the 1100t could I look up other forum for the 9370 and overclock with that forum and test or will it need to be start again

You will need to start again. Two very different CPUs. And good luck. You will need it. Those AMD 9xxx CPUs ran exceedingly hot and drew an enormous amount of power. Undoubtedly, one of AMD's worst products. Especially with that high speed memory and that much of it you will have a difficult time getting it stable. Weak IMC.

"never tried timings are set"? That didn't communicate to me.

Sorry �� lol I have set timings to 1600mhz , I have never wanted to put it on 2400mhz and was told by johan I think that couldn't be done with the 1100t because of memory controller

I thought maybe that's what you meant but just wanted to clarify.

You have a great motherboard there. That won't hold you back. Cooling will, even with that Noctua. Other than that, it's not really not much different that overclocking the PII 1100T except you want to leave the NB at stock. Really, just start increasing the multiplier and the vcore and see how far you get. Max temp is about 60c. There is a Bulldozer overclocking guide sticky at the beginning of this section of the forum that you should look at.

Oh i have seen through Johans forum and other people that the nb can be overclocked too because they work well together , yeh its always been a good motherboard and love working with it

Unless you need the extra 2 cores, the 1100T is a way better processor.
Your processor choice was sideways at best.

Well it was cheap and the extra cores will help and I plan on ryzen soon just save for parts

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

It is a bit of cpu boost I think coz i was at 4ghz oc on 1100t and now I am over 4ghz with this one and havent bumped it yet and extra cores all for £150

In order to match the performance of the 1100T @ 4 gig, you will have to OC the 9370 over 5 gig. Good luck with that on ambient cooling.
Unless you are rendering or encoding, your extra 2 cores are not being used for anything. Very little gaming uses more than 4 cores.
You spent 150 to go slower, run hotter, and use more power. :p

Back