• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help overclocking an FX4100!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm sure you can get an equivalent mosfet heat sink product on your side of the pond. Maybe some of our UK forum members can suggest an etailer over there.

What do you advise me? Should i look for heatsinks or should I "craft" your example?

Thanks! I'll go with this. Is it possible after I'll make this "upgrade" to overclock the cpu even more without damaging the motherboard?

Possible but as RGone said earlier, you reach a point where to get one more .1 ghz out of the CPU you have to crank the voltage up considerably higher than was the case with the previous .1 ghz increases. What I'm saying is you reach a "wall" where the scaling between speed increase and voltage increase necessary to achieve any more changes dramatically. Just be aware of that. We get guys here that just have to get to that golden 4.0 ghz platform on, for instance, on a Phenom II 4x or they can't sleep. They throw caution to the wind wind and up with a fried board for .1 ghz of speed increase. Is 4.0 really gonna give you that much more in FPS than 3.9?

The move to cool the mosfets is not done to overclock any more but to try and ensure the board does not die a quick death where it is overclocked to currently.
RGone...

Back