• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help reaching Max OC for my Ph2 1090T-MSI 890FXA-GD65

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
I'm trying to reach my max potential on my Phenom 2. This rig is used primarily for Gaming(Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2). I have a 20min stable P95 @ 3.7Ghz with all voltages at stock(auto) except DRAMv(1.65v) per CPUz. Everytime I try 3.8Ghz I get either BSOD or dropped workers.

I would like to reach 4.0Ghz if my Zalman will keep temps in order.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:
If you're dropping cores or getting BSOD you need to up VCore. Start small and work upwards in increments until you don't get the BSOD or drop the core. Watch the temps don't get too high for your CPU.

If you're dropping cores or getting BSOD you need to up VCore. Start small and work upwards in increments until you don't get the BSOD or drop the core. Watch the temps don't get too high for your CPU.

I wouldn't do that, his cores are already approaching 60C pretty fast. The only way I can see it happening is if by setting voltages manually you can achieve a lower vcore than you're at now.

You're going to need better cooling to get much higher it looks like.

@ Atmin - I think you may have read the temps wrong. Socket was at 54C and Cores were at 51C.

Here's what I've tried.

Upped CPU Multi to 19(3.8Ghz) Upped CPUv to 1.38 - worker dropped in seconds.

Multi @ 19 still Upped CPUv to 1.4 - BSOD MAX temp socket@54C Package@51.

CPU Multi@19 [email protected] NB&HT Multi to 12(2400) - BSOD Max Temps 55C/52C.

CPU Multi@19 [email protected] NB/HT multi@12 CPU-NB to 1.16v - BSOD 53C/51C.

HMMM?

Last edited:
I thought it said 56C, my bad.

Go to 1.45V on vCore. Leave the NB/HTLink stock until we get done with the CPU.

CPU Multi@19 NB/HT back to 2200(x11) [email protected] CPU-NB back to auto

CPUv turns red above 1.405v. Should I disregard? I know I've seen some of you leet guys push to 1.55v(gulp).

I ran 1.45V on my 1100T while I had it for my 24/7 OC. As long as your temps stay in check, it will do fine.

Just monitor the max vCore to make sure LLC doesn't take it higher.

ok FYI while I had it at 1.40 earlier it did Max at 1.50.

Is there a way to tighten up the LLC "spread"?

You can cut LLC off in the BIOS, if your board has the option.

You do have CnQ, C1E etc all cut off, correct?

CnQ was set to auto now its disabled
C1E was Enabled now its disabled
SVM(Secure Virtual Machine) was set to enable now disabled (not familiar with this one though).

Also, I didn't see any settings for LLC. in BIOS

Try P95 now and see if its stable

Edit: Go through this guide, it'll help more than I ever can.

Yes, that guide is awesome. That's how I got to 3.7Ghz. Running P95 now.

Last edited:
BSOD after 12min. Max temps were 57/54. Max vCore was 1.512.

Also, I notice some workers were lagging behind others. Most cores had completed pass 8 but 2 cores were still on pass 3. Is that normal?

Also, should SVM be disabled or enabled?

You should only worry about lagging workers if you don't have BSODs/dropped workers.

SVM has to do with running virtual OS's.

OK, CPUv bumped to 1.418v everything else stayed the same.

Made it through 16min before I stopped it. Max vCore was steady @1.528 until the last 30 seconds my voltage spiked to 1.544. Naturally my temps spiked quickly too. Glad I was watching closely.

I think this is as far as I can push this thing. Seems like ALOT more voltage for .1Ghz increase.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, you've just hit the wall for your processor where it takes ridiculous amounts of vcore. I'd stick to 3.7GHz and find the lowest voltage you can run that at.

Roger, looks like I'm stuck at 3.7Ghz@ stock volts. Thanks for you help though.

Blaylock, are you looking for max clocks or max stable clocks? I usually find it easier to really push after I have found a point where I can pass prime 2 hours. You may want to try and find what voltage you can pass prime 2 hours at 3.7 with the Cpu V on manual. Though from looking at things you may have indeed hit your heat/cpu wall.

@ Mandrake - This is primarily a gaming rig so I'd like to hit the max stable clock. I don't do any folding (except laundry and that's no fun). The only time I really benchmark is when I'm comparing my latest builds with past ones. While gaming my Max temps and voltages are nice and low (43C socket/38C Package and Max vCore is 1.432). I've played around with a "Gaming" OC profile but it just doesn't stablize above 3.7Ghz.

Edit: those temps are with my CPU fan at 50% too!

Back