• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help to overclock my cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exemplar

Registered
SOURCE :600W CORSAIR
CPU:FX 6100
MB:Asrock 990fx extream 3
Ram:2x4gb Corsair Vengeance 1.5v
Cooler :ThermalRight Silver Arrow push and pull with thermal paste artic mx4 ...i have maximum 45 degrade celcius....full load...with oc and stock 10 degrace celcius idle and 19 full load :D!!!

I want to OC my cpu to 4.7 or 5ghz....i get stabble with vcore 1.4 fsb 200 and multi 20x but its 4.5 ghz....and i cant get stabble with a 1.5vcore for 5ghz? i have a cpu nb and ht at 2200mhz cpu nb voltage 1.35 and NB AND HT voltate 1.22 - 1.22.....and ram to 1.6v.....what is wrong in that???

Okay I see the yellowish star under you forum name and that means you have at least 50 posts in the forum. It is time you made a good signature that gives good information to those who would try to help you.

Sigs are pretty easy.

Be logged in to the forum.

Across the top of the forum is a button shown as 'user cp'. Click that button.

On the page that loads are a list of options down the left side of the page.

Under the Settings & Options menu area is a Edit Signature listing. Click on that listing.

Clicking Edit Signature opens another page. In the middle of that page is where you Edit YOUR signature.

Enter your information there and at bottom of the window you are entering your signature is button for either Preview Signature or Save Signature. Do save and you will have your signature incorporated into the forum in each of your posts. Of course Preview Signature will let you see 'how' your signature would appear in the forum. But in the end the Save Signature must be clicked to save it to the forum.

You can look at my signature for a template of some good stuffz to put in one's own signature when seeking help.

Good luck man.

Last edited:
Now so that all who wish to try and assist can get on the same page and have the straight of where your system is working. Round this stuff up and let us see what is what.

Pictures can speak volumes describing what is going on.

Using screen capture software capture the CPU-z image at the CPU button; the Memory button and the SPD button. The buttons are across the top of the CPU-z window. The Mainboard button can also be used and will show the bios version in case one wanted to check the motherboard bios being up to date.
NOTE: I never capture the whole monitor but only the CPU-z window at each button so that the dang image is not so...so ginormous.

This is link to HWmonitor and as shown on the screen; you would also check the cpu plus (+) so that the core temps of the cpu would be shown. With an AMD cpu we certainly need to see the core temps at least the later AMD cpus.

Download site for Prime95 with some "how to's" included. Prime 95 can be used to stress a system and with HWMonitor opened a temp log will be kept to see if temps get out of hand during or at the time of a failure of P95, if such does occur because of an unstable configuration.

Okay I have not been looking for a screen capture tool but wish many would use some with window capture instead of the whole screen. This proggie comes highly recommended. 4 Capture Modes: Window, Region, Scrolling and Full Screen. I normally use Window or Region so the whole dang screen is not captured and makes the image so dang large. I save capture to .jpg so files are smaller in general.

NOTE: Win7 also has the inbuilt "snipping" tool that can capture just a specific window of the screen so that the entire desktop is not captured.

NOTE 2: Please attach captures to the forum itself so we do not have to travel on a link to some outside site. Thanks man.

Here is what the 3 CPUz tab captures and the capture of HWMonitor could and should look like for neatness and ease of viewing for those that might wish to help with overclocking etc.

attachment.php

Hmm...

I know how to OC.....man but its unstable with prime but with intel burn test no have nothing.....!!!its prime95 fail on am3+ and 990fx chip??? and what ii observe....when i use prime or other program to stress cpu......my multiplier go down at.....x7.......fore some 3 4 second and come back to x22.5 and that procedee has repeat.....what is the problem? I give you print with cpuz and all when i got stabble.....its fail to give you print with unstabble sis......Prime give me sumout error....on 2 core...after 10 min but i run Intel Burn test at maximum and no error and max tem 47 degrade celcius....

Last edited:
This is about all I can say is that generally if you pass IBT and fail prime, then either add some voltage to northbridge or your ram. You will have to test your end to see if that helps. I have not actually used an FX processor, so maybe some of these guys that have FX can do a better job.

Firstly, try to just use normal punctuation if possible please. The overload of ....... makes everything very untidy and spread to a point where it's almost confusing to read. Though I do understand English may not be your first language.

Secondly, if either program are coming up with errors, regardless of temperatures, it's unstable. End story.

Frankly 4.7ghz seems like a fairly high OC to aim for. Try 4.5ghz first, with your current voltage and other settings. Even then there's no guarantee it'll work.

That change of the multiplier is AMD's Cool n Quiet kicking in. It's a power saving feature that lowers the multi and usually voltage to help conserve power when the computer doesn't need the full speed of the processor.

I'm no AMD expert though.. So I'll wait for someone else to help with your settings..

PS: Your cooler is a Silver Arrow? Yeah that's ThermalRIGHT not thermalTAKE. ;)

My problem

i give some more voltage to cpu but problem persist...:|
when i do stress my multiplier go to x7...:| what is the problem???i give 1.5vcore to cpu ram 1.65 and cpu nb 1.4 200x22.5 .....hmmm

You've given too much voltage to the ram and the CPUNB. Give the ram about 1.55 volts and the CPUNB about 1.25. You are "over-driving" those two components.

We also need you to attach some screen shots of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD". That will give us loads of information about your system and your settings. A picture is worth a 1000 words.

Use the "Snipping Tool" in Windows Accessories to crop, capture and save the images from your desktop you wish to upload.

Then go to a forum new post window and click on the "Go Advanced" button. That will cause the Advanced Post window to pop up. Click on the little paperclip symbol at the top. That will bring up the file locator and up-loader tool. The rest is obvious. You can attach up to three pics at a time and if you want to attach more then just go back to the post and edit it.

Look at my screen and tell me now....

tell me what setting is good for that: Disable all???

Cool n quiet disabled
Secure virtual machine disabled
Enchaced halt state c1e disabled
Core c6 state disabled
cpu thermal throttle disabled

And ht bus width 8 or 16?

and it necesary to change nb voltate and HT voltage?

Attachments

• cpu1.png
    cpu1.png
    426.1 KB · Views: 497
  • cpu2.png
    cpu2.png
    428.3 KB · Views: 508
  • cpu fail.png
    cpu fail.png
    430.2 KB · Views: 507
Disable Cool N Quiet, C1E and Turbo Boost. I'd leave Thermal Throttle alone as a protection. I would also go into Windows Control Panel to the Power Options and make sure it is set to High Performance. I don't know about Core c6 state.

Don't mess with HT bus width or HT voltage. Leave them on default/Auto/stock. The question about NB voltage is tricky because "NB" is used in some bioses to refer to CPUNB and in some others to refer to the motherboard NB chip which controls the PCI-e bus. If your bios has CPUNB choices then "NB" probably refers to the motherboard chip and I would not change the voltage. If NB refers to the CPUNB then I would put it to 1.25. I would also give set your ram to 1.55 volts.

Look at your core temps in HWMonitor. They are already maxing out at 58 C. That is considered to be a little past the limit of stability which is about 55 c. I would not increase your CPU voltage anymore or increase your CPU frequency any more without better cooling.

Please give us pics of CPU-z tabs: "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD".

He has 'trents' they are all the way to right side of the screen and the CPUz has its' own special background and looking at it on your laptop the 3 tabs may sort of be blending into the background but they are there.

Last edited:
Thanks, RGone. Yeah, I see that now. Purt near cammoflaged.

exemplar, do you need that much CPU voltage to be stable at that speed? 1.5 core voltage is quite a bit for a 32 nm fab CPU and that is what's jacking your core temps up. I would try to back off on that voltage and get those temps down a little.

I would also put your HT Link speed to about 2400 and your NB or CPUNB to 2600-2800 mhz.

GAME OVER

i come back to stock voltage to be stabble because all if i do in prime95 its unstable and in IBT its stabble but my multiplier dance at x7 and x22.5.....and i dont find how is the problem...:salute:i buy a Thermalright Silver Arrow and artic mx4 for oc and i stay with cpu normal.....i drop money in the wind.....!

I finish my fx-6100 overclock :D!!!

I go with multiplier to 22.5 and i have 4.5ghz
cpu voltage in bios 1.4375
cpu nb voltage to 1.3
ht link and nb frequency 2400/2400

HT voltage 1.21
NB voltage 1.21

Ram set:1600 with 1.6v

I stress with prime95 6hour and 30min and idle temp is 17degrade celcius and maxim cpu temperature is 50degrade degrade celcius...!!!cpu stai stabble without fail or other bugs...:D thanks to forum for help me!!! thanks guys!!!:salute::comp::thup:

I have a little problem.....

When i keep my pc turn off in night.....after 6 -7 hour when i turn on pc....pc go fail,,,,,windows aero transparency disapear....and pc run slowly....what happend...i test oc 6 hour in prime and its tabble...? need more voltage?
:salute:

Back