• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help to overclock my cpu?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When i keep my pc turn off in night.....after 6 -7 hour when i turn on pc....pc go fail,,,,,windows aero transparency disapear....and pc run slowly....what happend...i test oc 6 hour in prime and its tabble...? need more voltage?
:salute:

It usually happens when you set too low or too high CPU or CPU-NB voltages or too high CPU-NB clock ( but 2400 is not so high ). Window manager is crashing and after service restarts it's running with disabled aero.

It usually happens when you set too low or too high CPU or CPU-NB voltages or too high CPU-NB clock ( but 2400 is not so high ). Window manager is crashing and after service restarts it's running with disabled aero.

I go with cpu nb and htt to 2000mhz and no have problem....but its stabble in prime for 7 hour with 2400 and have this problem when windows start....WTF...?:rain:

When i do shut-down my pc and start again windows aero go fail and pc run slow....need restart to back to normal and its stabble i test 7 hour with prime....if i change cpu nb to 2000 run normal...what is the problem???:blah:

For 4.5GHz try:
CPU voltage - 1.425V ( if you make it stable then try to drop it till ~1.385V )
CPU-NB voltage - 1.25-1.27V
HT link and CPU-NB 2400/2400 ( if it fails try 2200/2200 )
HT voltage - stock/auto
NB voltage - stock/auto
Memory - add +0.05V
Be sure that you have disabled APM ( Advanced Power Management or any other similar option ). I don't have problems with C1/C6 enabled. Check if you have stable voltage under load, if not then try to change LLC options.
Simply for me it looks like you have too high temp or too low IMC voltage. Don't look at core temperature. Always check cpu temp in total as 1 value ( HWMonitor is giving weird core temps ). Check temps with ASRock soft and compare it to latest HWMonitor version. It should be no more than ~65*C to keep stability.

+1 on my end. Below I've described my process for isolating the cause of my win7 Aero malfunctions. To make a long story short, despite all voltage, power, & multiplier configurations (including the stock 18x) tested, win7 aero would crash upon system resume and in many circumstances on initial system boot for a CPU/NB/HT Link frequency at 2400Mhz (with DDR3 1600).

Over the last several weeks, I have manipulated my updated BIOS (ASUS 1001) from every suggestion mentioned in this forum and others. I have taken the CPU voltages from 1.250 to 1.5 (1.425 stock) in conjunction with CPU/NB voltage manipulations from 1.25 (stock) to 1.35 at several intervals (i.e. 1.325 CPU @ 1.25, 1.275, 1.3 CPU/NB voltages etc). At each of these intervals, I tested multipliers of 18, 19, 20, & 21. Additionally, I tinkered with all available power options for my MOBO and with core unlocker and turbo mode enabled & disabled. While I passed prime95 blend tests at all of these configurations (albeit for some trials < than an hour due to aero failing and being too frustrated to sit and allow prime95 to run on a set up that I knew I wouldn't use) with core temperatures never rising above 60 degrees C, win7 aero continued to falter performing everyday tasks. It was only when I had the epiphany to reduce my CPU/NB & HT link frequencies that I began to see results (seems obvious, I know..). After repeating an abbreviated version of the above process with 2200MHz CPU/NB, I continued to have aero errors but they were experienced less frequently and I could reset aero from the command line and services menu (which could not be done at 2400MHz). Finally, I reduced the CPU/NB & HT link to stock at 2000MHz and all appeared normal for multipliers of 18, 20, & 21. I am currently running my OC @ 4.2GHz with CPU/NB and HT link frequencies and voltages set on auto. While this entire process has been a failure in my opinion, I hope that my many hours & system reboots can benefit someone else in their quest for a fully operational win7 aero experience. As a final caveat I would like to admit that I am new to the overclocking scene so I apologize if I am missing something obvious in this write up. In the near future I will not have to time test additional configurations but I welcome additional suggestions that I should be able to test in the upcoming months.

My Build:
MOBO - ASUS M5A88-M, CPU - AMD FX-4100 @ 4.2Ghz (Stock Cooling), MEM - G.SKILL 8GB (2 dimm) DDR3 1600, PSU - RAIDMAX 730W, VID - XFX HD Radeon 6770 (1GB), HDD1 - WD 320GB SATA 3 (Win7 HP Sp1), HDD2 - Seagate 160GB SATA 3 (Ubuntu 12.04)

FINALLY!!!! I have the answer to that problem, after hours of browsing and rebooting, I got it, there are two different Northbridges: the chipset's (usually simply called NB) and the CPU's NB. What I found out is that the CPU NB frequency ALWAYS has to be HIGHER than the HT link frequency, try it... ;)

FINALLY!!!! I have the answer to that problem, after hours of browsing and rebooting, I got it, there are two different Northbridges: the chipset's (usually simply called NB) and the CPU's NB. What I found out is that the CPU NB frequency ALWAYS has to be HIGHER than the HT link frequency, try it... ;)

Or equal to it.

i give some more voltage to cpu but problem persist...:|
when i do stress my multiplier go to x7...:| what is the problem???i give 1.5vcore to cpu ram 1.65 and cpu nb 1.4 200x22.5 .....hmmm

I have this probelm to only with a intel set up just don't know why this happens (mine goes down to minimum multiplier wich is 9)

Back