• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help w. oc. amd x2 6000+ system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sorry if I am reiterating or off topic a little - didn't read all the posts.

My computer before last had a 3000+ BE (unlocked version) and I could barely get it stable at 3.3ghz (300mhz OC). Those chips did not overclock well at all. You are not limited to AM2 processors. Check your mobos website, I think you'll find under their cpu support list that you can install an am3 cpu.

Sorry if I am reiterating or off topic a little - didn't read all the posts.

My computer before last had a 3000+ BE (unlocked version) and I could barely get it stable at 3.3ghz (300mhz OC). Those chips did not overclock well at all. You are not limited to AM2 processors. Check your mobos website, I think you'll find under their cpu support list that you can install an am3 cpu.

that alrite byrdawg. yes i thought am3 cpu's would work, from what i read, that was a fact taken back by gigabyte ? and looking at some am2+ cpu's they look to be not having 2 x 2mb cache, or use less power consumption/energy efficient etc. i dont think theres many much better procesors considering my mobo. supposedly this mobo (ga-ma770-ds3) isnt the best in OC'ing as well.

quietice> now i did what you said, adjusted things in bios, tried 222mhz, 220mhz and there was some error in prime95, both times the cpu core #2 made error, so tried 218 mhz. here are the pics from 222mhz(+11%) and 218mhz(+9%)

looks like the vcore is 1.44V, temps are still below 55 C. looks like cpu cant get much better overclocked with these circumstances ? can you comment on these pictures ? theres a lot of monitors in the pics, one pic has the bios setings (blue pics).

Attachments

• settings-3-222mhzclock.jpg
    settings-3-222mhzclock.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 153
  • settings-3-218mhzclock.jpg
    settings-3-218mhzclock.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 155
Try changing the RAM timings to:
Minimum RAS Active Time: 15
Row Cycle Time: 21

Both are as shown in BIOS under the "SPD" column. Leave the first three like they are at 5-5-5.
You might also try 1T/2T Command Timing at 1T, but that may not work.

What does CPU-Z show for vCore when the machine is at idle?

Don't worry about the HT Link - it's the last thing you adjust when overclocking. Just leave it at 600 MHz for now.

that alrite byrdawg. yes i thought am3 cpu's would work, from what i read, that was a fact taken back by gigabyte?

My apologies, I went back to link the support list from Gigabyte. I was looking at rev. 2 of your board and not the rev. 1 that you apparently have.

Back