• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[help] What's the best choice for a B85 chipset (microAXT)?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

compfun

And why?

I need a motherboard for an Intel Core i5-4460 or i5-4590, 4 slots for DDR3 (32 Gb in total) and 2-4 slots for coolers. Not for overclocking. Just for work and gaming. My budget - 100$ or less. Models I can buy are:

Asus B85M-Gamer
Asus B85M-E
MSI B85M-G43
Asus B85M-G
Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H
MSI B85M-E45
ASRock B85M Pro3

What's the best relationship between price and quality?

I am especially interested in Asus products. What do you think about first two motherboards or budget model Asus B85M-G?

If you know any motherboard that's not presented in the list, please post it here.

Many thanks!

P. S. I mean microATX, not a microAXT :).

Honestly at that level, any will be fine. You are nkt overclocking so more robust anything isn't really needed. Just make sure it has the features yoy need, the look, and fits your budget.

The only things that I would be looking at are the sound and networking. I don't know if you can find anything with the Realtek ALC 1150 codec, but that would be a selling point for me. As for the networking, I prefer Intel. After that, like ED said, it's all personal preference.

Back