• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Blue Screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It means you have Cool & Quiet enabled, and probably all of the other 'green' power saving stuff also.
All of that is normally turned off when overclocking. The sudden drops in voltage and speed can destabilize your overclock.

It means you have Cool & Quiet enabled, and probably all of the other 'green' power saving stuff also.
All of that is normally turned off when overclocking. The sudden drops in voltage and speed can destabilize your overclock.

my cool n quiet is disabled, always has been. I always run fan 100%.

At least all the power saving stuff im aware of us disabled through bios, but yeah I find that answer through google. Seems to happen regardless when not underload. I tested and it stayed stable under load.

W7 - 8.1 has power profiles that do the same thing. Check your OS settings.

W7 - 8.1 has power profiles that do the same thing. Check your OS settings.

are you referring to the min/max processor power management under advanced options in power options? If so they are both set to 100%. Is there one other im not aware of?

If all the 'green' stuff is turned off and you're still getting dips in the multiplier and voltage, then I suspect the motherboard or processor is ready to take a dump. You're gonna need parts to test with, and if you need to buy parts you might as well do some replacing/upgrading.

That's what I feared. Any opinions on a gaming upgrade sub 400 for gpu, mob o, ram, psu?

Thanks for everyone help, appreciated

Gaming rig under $400 for those four parts? Save your money is my suggestion...

You also have no idea what part is bad in the first place so you can likely save most of the parts there for your next build...

You've already got a GTX 760, just use it.

Get an FX-6300, GA-970A-UD3P, 2x4GB G.SKILL 1866 CL9 RAM, and a Seasonic G-550.

You've already got a GTX 760, just use it.

Get an FX-6300, GA-970A-UD3P, 2x4GB G.SKILL 1866 CL9 RAM, and a Seasonic G-550.

yeah, thats what I was thinking. I have a good monitor, vid card, SSD. Oddly enough I haven't had an issue in days, though I may still get an upgrade as there was clearly something wrong..maybe still is.

thanks for helping.

Back