• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with build what cables do i need

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fitnessman

Registered
I have tried to upload an image here basically i have 3 header cables that i dont know what to do with/where to plug and my motherboard has 1 fan controller slot but i have 2 fans with my 380t case and therefore 2 pugs, do i need a splitter of some description to plug into the motherboard and then to the 2 fans? Its my first build and im a bit stuck thanks

Just to be clearer in green is the 3 header cables i dont know what to do with or what they are for, in red are the 2 fan control cables and in blue the 1 input for case fans on my gigabyte z97n gaming 5 motherboard

Please list your full system components, I can't tell what's going on.

Sorry lol corsair 380g case, gigabyte z97n gamng 5 board, 16gb (2 × 8gb) fury x ram, corsair 650 rm psu, no gpu yet, still waiting for delivery.
I think i found the answer anyway, the 2 fan cables fit into 2 of the 3 header cables as the case has a built in fan controller so one cable is left alone and the mobo fan controller is left empty.

I hope so have never built a pc before, once i get my 980 ti i will switch it kn and hope nothing goes bang. I ony have a 250gb ssd so from my modular psu i have power to my ssd and fans via esata, 2 power cables to my board the long one and one for the psu, and i have another power cable with 2x6+2 pin for my gpu am i missing anything or will it go bang when i switch it on? I have no optical drives

Sounds like you have it all correct to me.
Just make sure you have both the power and data cables hooked to the SSD.

Back